Chapter Two

Suddenly Ragey and Shocky

Just when the young man was about to walk out from the apartment building, sound of hurried steps came rushing downstairs after him.

"Mr. Michelson! Mr. Michelson!" A high-pitched voice called out.

"Damn it! Just when I thought my morning couldn't get any worse." The young man groaned in frustration and turned to see a young Muslim lady storming towards him. Her black pam shoes struck the tiled floor with resounding clicking sounds.

"Ah Mr. Michelson, how nice to finally run into you. Being really dodgy lately, aren't we?" She hostilely stood before him with hands on hips.

"Well, I can't say it has been successful given the way you've ran all the way to catch me," the young man muttered under his breath.

"Pardon?" The Muslim lady scowled.

"Nothing. Nothing." The young man grinned innocently, to which she sneered back.

She appeared to be in her mid-20s. And if looks could kill, the young man would've already been dead in a thousand different ways. The lady was shorter by a few inches, so her bronzed eyes glared up at him.

How she dreaded the day this brute-of-a-guy came to live here. Everything about him just irked her to some great extent. However, recalling what brought her here brought some sought of dark satisfaction.

On the other hand, the young man buried down his lamentation and shamelessly sized her up. This Muslim lady, despite her grumpy and arrogant attitude, was really pretty though not in that breathtaking sense. She had a perfectly shaped slender body despite being hidden underneath those loose long black Arab dress and hijab she wore.

She always had a dirty look as if the whole world owed her money. The look always worsening whenever she saw him. Not that he has any qualms against her or done anything untoward her.

Well... apart from that incident that happened a year ago.

However, in his defense he was new to the building and was quite drunk back then. He just came from one of his late night drinking spree, staggering all the way and failed to locate his newly rented apartment. Somehow, not knowing how, he accidentally stumbled into the master room that was on another entire floor. The top floor to be precise.

Seeing it was unlocked, he did not think much about it and walked into a naked lady, who appeared to be just from the shower. Her exquisite tanned birthday suit was on full display_ to be relished and venerated. If it weren't for his self-control, he wouldn't have minded jumping her there and then.

Well, the rest was self-explanatory that included screaming, yelping, trespassing accusations and police involvement. The victimized lady so happened to be this Muslim lady glowering at him.

It was an obvious taboo in Muslim tradition to see the body a woman who's not your wife, so you can imagine the anguish and anger that tortured the lady ever since. Then again, who leaves their door unlocked and walks naked around the house? (The absurd excuse he always had)

Since then the two have been at loggerheads with each other. Never underestimate a grudge held by a woman. As they always say; hell hath no fury like a woman scorned.

"Your monthly rent has already passed its due time. You clearly understand how apartments here in the city are in high demand nowadays, ya? I am really getting pressed at a corner here. Even Allah knows my struggles and I would hate for unfortunate scenarios to occur." The Muslim Lady spoke with a helpless tone.

But who was she kidding? It was clear she was hassling the young man. It has just been three days past his due time and she was here claiming like he had failed to pay for weeks now. Besides, who would want that crappy old apartment? She should be thankful he was even paying rent for such a horrid place. So he thought.