Chapter Twenty-two

A/n: Heyy guys,, wow I know it has been a while. My apologies once again... 😬😬

I already mentioned I will be working on this story and also editing my other story. Just trying to do everything and there's also my job... It has been hectic.

But I will still keep my promise and keep on updating new Chapters. I will not leave this story hanging and I'll try finishing it.

Also, there's Dawn of the Dark Dynasty book 2 which I'm working on. It's at a slow pace but in progress. 😌😌

So there it is and more Chapters to come. And as obvious, more drama... 😁😁

Any feedback would be nice and appreciated. Thanks!

Hope you'll enjoy.
Happy Reading!! 😎🤓😎

-----------------------------------------------

The Rogue in the Estate

After that unexpected wild attack from that bizarre woman, Sharael decided to head down to the self-discovered surreal ocean viewpoint, where he took Mia not so long ago. It was his usual chill spot. The serene watery scenery always calmed his churning thoughts.

The air was hot and humid, but the zephyr whistling past helped cool off his heated and moistened skin. Anyone passing by just saw an ordinary guy leaning against the metallic railings and watching the sea. However, those dark listless eyes staring off into space were filled with great turmoil.

Subconsciously, Sharael removed one of his hands holding the metal rail and touched his slightly parted lips. He could still feel it; her cool soft lips. He could still taste that domineering passionate kiss. A kiss that ensnared and tangled him like enchanted vines, pulling and dragging his soul into an oblivion of desire.

Then again, a faint crease formed in between his brows. What happened to him back there? How could he allow her to do that? He should feel disappointed with himself, or rather disgusted. And yet, he felt surprisingly and frighteningly thrilled...

Sharael stared down at his faintly trembling hand. Perhaps it was the breeze quivering it. Or was it something else? The prospect of the latter had him quickly clench the hand into a tight fist and the frown deepening. He shouldn't be easily enraptured by the likes of such a woman.

Speaking of her kind, just what was she? Now that his train of thoughts took that route, Sharael looked extremely unnerved. From the beginning, he suspected the woman was not ordinary, but did not deem her a threat. When he appeared on these scant lands_ and not meaning Meilane in specific_ he had probed most of the creatures and saw none had the caliber to be a threat. Their strengths were merely so-so.

For reasons only known to him, he neither interacted nor learned anything about them. Why concern with lesser beings? However, what transpired earlier had him very concerned. The only thing more dangerous than ignorance is arrogance. That woman completely overwhelmed him in strength and restricted his body with some inexplicable power. He was under her absolute mercy. Just what was she?

Sharael clenched and unclenched his fist. He then buried his head in that hand and sighed forlornly.

"Seems my strength is waning," he mumbled. Only he knew what he meant...

After some time, he reached into his pocket to remove his phone and check the time, only for his face to freeze abruptly upon finding it empty. Memories soon flooded in and caused his face to crumple.

"Noooo...! My phone!" he suddenly wailed out and drew several bewildered gazes.

*******

Later that evening found Isabella alighting from her luxurious Rolls-Royce while humming like a gushing teen girl. It was so unlike her that even the stone-faced chauffeur gave her a cocked eyebrow from the rearview mirror. What got the Vampire Queen so overwhelmingly happy that seemed like her world was painted in rainbows? He could only wonder as he gawked at the ancient ruler skipping away.