Chapter Seven

Late Night Plans

One late night, along one deserted and dimly lit street, a certain black van was parked by the driveway. The ride blended well with the darkness that anyone would easily pass it without a second glance. Although the van appeared vacant, three passengers silently occupied inside.

"What are we waiting for? Let's just go and grab him," spoke one of the passengers. He had a deep masculine voice.

"No, we wait." Another, sounding feminine, rebutted with a finality.

The passenger with the deep voice quickly argued back, "Why godamnit? He's just a one kid. A one kid!"

The seemingly feminine passenger scoffed back. "Yeah right. A one kid who singlehandedly handed you your asses."

"You..." The first passenger couldn't come up with a comeback, leaving the other third passenger to chuckle. Straightaway, the first passenger snapped at him, "What are you laughing at, you fool?"

"Yoh! Yoh! Take ya grumpiness elsewhere. Your slim daddy here wants no part in it," retorted the third passenger. He also had a masculine voice, but his was raspy.

"What did you say?" The first passenger was obviously riled up; however, the female passenger cut him off.

"That's enough!" she rebuked in a cold voice. "We're here to do a fucking job. And if you can't be helpful then keep that fucking mouth shut."

As it can be easily guessed, the three passengers were the same three assailants who tried to abduct Little Bee. Their failure had cost them dearly and were now clinging on a thin rope. Naturally, their employers were not happy. And when they are not happy, fatal consequences are at hand.

In their line of business, once you become a liability you are let off. And that does not entail the typical sacking, but 'permanent termination'. As long as their lives remained on the line, money ceased being an issue despite being mercenaries. Everything must be done right. And to begin with, they had to eliminate the one factor that started all this mess.

The driver.

Digging up his information was unexpectedly easy like looking into someone's media profile. Everything about him was laid bare like reading through a child's book.

A 23-year-old male going by the name of Sharael Michelson. No known parents. No known living relatives. Been moving from foster home to foster home since toddler age. Went through all the formal levels of education. Then at one point, acquired a rare scholarship during one exchange contest when he was studying in Msomo Bora Secondary School. Now a third year student pursuing Bachelor in Business Administration at The University of Meilane of Science and Research Technology.

Everything about him was so ordinary, so how did he get such extraordinary skillsets. He was just an undergrad on paper, but this bizarreness about him made the mercenaries proceed vigilantly. They can't spare another mishap.

For now, they kept tabs on the guy. Watching his every move. However, it became frustrating and confusing. His daily routines were very normal it was boring. That was why the brawny mercenary was impatiently calling for them to take action. He just wanted some payback.

"I have a plan," the female mercenary suddenly proclaimed.

"It's about damn time." The brawny assailant sat up with vigor and rubbed his large beefy hands together.

"For this to succeed you must listen to my every word, got that?" Her black eyes narrowed at the man, who just rolled his eyes but nodded.

"Finally some action. Stuck in here with you two is giving me the willies and my pack of smokes is almost up." The scrawny mercenary, sitting at the back, whined after taking out the empty pack of cigarettes.