Chapter Thirty-two

The Warthog Returns to the Lion's Jaws

"Oh my...!" A panicking Isabella shot to her feet and was behind Sharael in a flash. Without a second to waste, she had him bent slightly forward and, gently but firmly, continually struck his back to clear the blockage. The superhuman speed behind her movements was truly surreal.

Although Sharael wasn't choking for real, he still cleared his throat and grabbed the serviettes placed nearby to wipe his mouth. That abrupt request really caught him off guard. What was this woman... no... female vampire asking? A date? From where did that idea come from? Moreover, how can she be so blunt about it all of a sudden?

"You alright?" Isabella asked in worry while gently patting his back.

Sharael grunted in response. His mind was still trying to wrap around what she previously asked.

"You sure?" she asked again. Her hand had now smoothly found its way into his hair which she gently patted like a lover would.

Isabella's devious motives were easily noticed by Sharael, who was left in disbelief. The sly woman was using the pretense of helping him only to get 'handsy' with him.

He tilted his head away from her touches and muttered, "I am fine."

"Oh no! What if you choke a second time?" Isabella disproved and hugged his head into her bosom. A faint lewd smile danced at the edges of her lips as she gazed down at the man whose head was squeezed in between her soft, busty breasts.

Sharael could only roll his eyes and sigh. Her shamelessness had no limits.

"Okay, okay. I won't be dying anytime soon. And especially not from fried eggs," he grumbled and tried squirming away from her hold.

However, Isabella grabbed both sides of his head and made him face her. "You will not be dying from anything so long as I am here," she declared seriously.

Sharael was taken aback and sat there gaping at the Vampire Queen, slack-jawed. He was only making a pun, but her sudden graveness left him quite startled. Also, a certain problem had come about. A very awkward one if it was to be added. Now that realization struck, the two found their faces barely inches apart.

This unexpected closeness had Sharael's breath hitch in his throat. Isabella's alluring beauty, and then mixed with her fragrant perfume, was already tantalizing enough. But now added with her cool breaths fanning over his reddening face, the poor guy was a total goner. Isabella was the real definition of femme fatale. And Sharael was a man doomed to be aroused.

On the other hand, Isabella's hazel eyes were staring into Sharael's black orbs with sparkling anticipation. She would at times linger her gaze at his slightly parted lips, communicating her obvious desire. No better time than this presented chance. Now the question was who would make the 'first move'.

Well, Isabella wasn't one to shy away. Sharael's lips were already inviting enough. All it needed was one simple move forward and it was cloud nine for the Vampire Queen.

Sadly, however...

Ring! Ring! Ring!

Her phone chose the worse times to suddenly ring and ruin an almost-to-be steamy moment. As if jolted up from a spell, Sharael took that chance to break free from her hold and jump out of the seat to keep some distance. He let out the breath he had been holding and tried cooling down his already roused body and soul. For a moment there, things could have developed to a point of no return. Still though, he couldn't lie that a part of him felt slightly disappointed.

Isabella looked like a person ready to murder. Who was the suicidal fool that dared interrupt them? Obviously, she had wanted to ignore the call, but her crafty prey used the chance to escape from her clutches. Everything was coming to fruit just right without her forcing things like the last time. Oh, how she regretted not putting her phone on silent or flight mode.