Chapter Twenty-nine

Let's Get Acquainted

Elsewhere in the city, within a particular private loft, Prince Malfoy's midnight black eyes were glued to the recorded CCTV footage replaying in the laptop screen. A scowl like no other marred that handsome face. The colored clip was taken from a certain lounge bar, showing a particular devilishly handsome dark-haired man lounging in the VIP section. Surrounding the man were eight beautiful young women. They appeared to be enjoying themselves, but that wasn't the case if one was keen enough.

Three of the women were carelessly sprawled over the red leather sofas. They looked intoxicated, except their lifeless eyes and the distinctive pair of punch marks on their slender necks told otherwise. They were dead and the cause was obvious. They were being sucked dry by the man or, in actual terms, the vampire in their midst!

Reason as to why this upset the vampire prince was because the vampire was all-too-familiar to him. He was none other than his estranged older brother, Prince Dalvitore Malfoy.

In the footage, he had his head buried under the neck of another young woman, leeching away her entire blood. The poor victim had her eyes closed and in deep ecstasy, probably compelled by Dalvitore. She wasn't the only one for the other women, plus the entire lounge bar, were all compelled to act normally. Some were even chatting animatedly while taking some shots, unaware that their lives were about to be forfeited shortly. It was a really awful and disgusting scene.

"This was taken the day after we had the Council Summit?" Theodore asked after reading the clip's timestamp.

"Mmh." Seating next to him was King Malfoy I, who grunted back. They were the only ones inside that luxurious and spacious room.

"This establishment..."

"Found just up here in the Frontier City," The Western Vampire King grumpily answered the unfinished question with his raised hand pointed roughly to the north.

"But father that's..."

"Yes, the city that's bordering Vonza from the North." King Malfoy once more finished the words for his son. He glanced at the horrific clip of how the women were being killed by his eldest son and clicked his tongue in annoyance. Without warning, he slapped the laptop shut and shot to his feet with a frustrated growl, "That damn brat! What is he doing here and publicly preying on humans like that? Is he intending to make a mockery of me?"

Actually, King Malfoy wasn't furious his son was killing some humans. He could care less for they were just some mere prey. What irked him was how he was so careless. How could he kill in public within the Vampire Queen's turf?

"He possibly can't be coming here, can he?" Theodore asked once again.

The King shot him a glare and hissed, "What do you think?"

The vampire prince's eyes glint with an ominous idea and proposed, "Then that's favorable news to us. We can get rid of him--"

However, he was cut off by his father's abrupt angry snarl, "No! What are you even thinking?"

"But why, father? Why protect that murderous bloodthirsty beast for no good reason? He must be put down or else--" Theodore argued back but was cut off again.

"I SAID NO!!" The King shouted thunderously that the entire room shook. Quickly, the vampire prince held his tongue and lowered his head as an act of submission. King Malfoy glared at his son with his chest heaving up and down heavily. "How can you even think of such monstrosity? Dalvitore might be blinded with blood thirst, but he is still your brother."

"Half-brother." Theodore corrected with a grumble, but quickly mumbled an apology when he felt his father's death stare.

"You forget not so long ago you were sailing the same rocking boat," King Malfoy told him off with a sneer.