Chapter Five

A/n: This chapter has undergone re-editing.
---------------------------------------------

So Slippery and Troubling

Little Bee sat on the passenger seat staring listlessly ahead. Her entire face looked so pale like she just saw a ghost... no, it was death. She just escaped from its clutches. Those exuberant dark brown eyes that always shone with wild charm, now seemed to have lost their luster. What she experienced none could even compare. It left a trauma that petrified her whole body. Only one thing spun perpetually in that fledgling mind was...

"I'm being driven by a madman!"

After losing their pursuers, Sharael quickly took note of her startled state and asked in worry, "Hey, you alright? You haven't spoken a word since--"

The girl's body suddenly shuddered with her soft cheeks turning deep red. "You do not get to speak about it," she bit back in a mosquito-like voice.

"Okay..." Sharael awkwardly scratched the back of his head. "Uh, so you know, it's quite normal for anyone to wet themselves in that situation--"

"SHUT UP!!" she screeched like a cat whose tail just got stepped on. Those livid eyes glared daggers at Sharael threatening to impale him to death. Her legs even subconsciously clamped up together. It was already embarrassing enough. Why would he shamelessly bring it up?

"What are you looking at?" she spat back after noticing him gawk at her.

Sharael gulped and asked with a stutter, "Little Bee, w-what's up w-with your eyes...?"

Her fine eyebrows furrowed in confusion, only to jump up upon sudden realization. Quickly, she turned away and silently took in deep breaths to calm herself.

Sharael still continued to blurt out, "Just now your eyes turned golden!"

"Crap, I almost lost control," she cursed in thought.

But nevertheless, she retorted back curtly, "What nonsense are you talking about? Keep your damn eyes on the road before you kill us all, you, lunatic homicidal driver."

Her defensiveness caused Sharael's eyes to narrow in suspicion. He was certain he saw her eyes turn color during her fits of rage. That wasn't some reflective glare from the sun.

"Why were those people after you?" he finally asked the bugging question.

Those assailants were not your everyday kidnappers. They came fully prepared for one goal, and that was to abduct Little Bee. Still, something smelled fishy because, all that heavy-duty weapons for only one rich girl was too absurd.

Back then when they were able to catch up to them meant the bodyguards had failed to stop them. Furthermore, from what Sharael deduced from his encounter with the two gunmen, they were all foreigners. Who they were and what they stood to gain in kidnapping the young lady of the Barthwell family in broad daylight and in public for that matter was the bugging question. Actually, their plan would've been successful if it weren't for a factor they hadn't consider. A factor in the form of Sharael.

"How should I know?" Little Bee snapped. "I wasn't like... hey why you kidnapping me? Will you just shut up and drive me home?"

The girl was still moody, so Sharael shrugged and decided to leave the matter for her family to deal with. He was after all just an outsider. All he needed was his pay and be gone.

Unbeknownst to him, Little Bee who appeared temperamental on the outside, was actually panicking inside. She could even feel her small back getting soaked in cold sweats.