Twelve

Renjun POV

"Renjun where are you? It's me Sicheng" someone whispers to me. I hesitantly get out from under the bed. As soon as I get out I am embraced  into a hug by my brother. He looks at my face and ices my eye.

"She hurt you too didn't she, ge?" I asked as I looked at him. I noticed cuts and bruises all over his arms and legs.

"Don't worry about that, now get ready for your first day of high school" He says giving me my uniform smiling.

"Hey sicheng I wanted to ask you something" I asked as he was heading out the door.

"Uhm sure"

"How come you have a long string tied to your pinky. Mines is short. I can see the end to mine but yours looks like it goes on forever."

"What?"

"You know the red string right here." I say holding his pinky. "I've seen some people who have the same string like they are tied together. I've never seen anyone with a string like mines where I can see the end of mine but it's not connected to anyone. I've always been able to see it."

"You can see red strings?" he asked look terrified. "Renjun those are soulmate strings, they connect souls who are meant to be together. I always thought it was a myth but you can see it which is amazing....but yours is cut.."

"What does that mean for me."

"I-it means you don't have a soulmate.... I'm sorry.." Those word shattered my world.

"So I was always meant to be alone in my life and no one will love me.."

"Renjun you know I love you more than anything in the world." He says hugging me as I cry.

As the day passes I'm woken up at midnight by Sicheng. He tells me to pack my stuff and that we are running away from here. We runaway and as we enter an ally we hear a lady screaming out our names telling us to come on out. Sicheng gives me a photo with a note on the back.

"I was saving this up for myself but take this it's a phone I got from working my shifts. On here are my two songs I play when I'm sad." he says placing the phone in my hand

"Renjun I'm going to go out to her so she'll stop searching and you're gonna run away from here and never come back okay." He says.

"No sicheng go and see the world and live your life with your soulmate." I whisper him and hug him and push him down. 

I come out of my hiding spot and reveal myself. "I'm here sicheng is long gone by now and you'll never find him." I say as she grabs my wrist and takes me back to the house.

Once I get in the house she whacks me in the head with a glass bottle.