Twenty Three

Jaemin POV

Jeno and I walk home from class talking and then idea hits me

"Jeno we should make moomin cookies for renjun to show we miss him."

"Are you sure? We aren't the greatest bakers"

"Hey I cook you food all the time"

"That's cooking not baking....they are different"

"Psssh potato patato"

"I mean we can try I guess...."

"Great" I say grabbing his hand sprinting to the apartment.

We both look up recipes for moomin cookies and there's a ton of results and I just clicked on the first because who has the time to actually look for the best one. They all look the same so it's fiiiinnnneeeee.

Jeno POV

Damn there's so much results but i must go through every single one of them to see which one is the best.

Hhmmmm nope.....

Hmmmmm actually this one looks good......ew but it has nuts

Ooooh how about this one......hmmmm but looks like there's too much frosting

"Jeno hello? HELLO?!!"

"Eh?"

"I said I found one already"

"What how that was so quick-

"I have my ways" he says giving me a wink

"I guess so?"

We get the ingredients from the fridge which conveniently has all ingredients (definitely not because the author was to lazy to write them going to buy the ingredients). We start mixing, pouring, and kneading the ingredients and everything goes surprisingly smoothly.

 Jaemin puts the song cooking by the book and just has his mini concert singing and dancing.

Then we put the cookies in the oven and man they look pretty good if i do say so myself. We sit down on the couch exhausted and half dead.

"Why is baking exhausting. Cooking is not like this at all" Jaemin says falling onto the couch dramatically. 

"I thought you said baking and cooking are practically the same thing"

"I don't recall saying that."

"I believe your exact words were 'Psssh potato patato'"

"ANYWAYSSSSS-hey do you smell something burning?"

"Hey don't change the su- oh wait you're right"

We rush to the kitchen and we see smoke coming out of the oven. We open it and the cookies are on fire. We panic and somehow manage to put out the fire.

We take the tray out and the cookies are reduced to nothing but dust.

I see Jaemin start crying, "How could I be so stupid I messed up the easiest thing and it would've been fine if we did it for fun but it was for renjun the person who seems to be suffering so much from the burns, nightmares, and all his shifts."

I hug him and dry his tears, "Nana it's okay everyone messes up renjun would of been so happy to see that you tried your best to make him happy"

He sniffles then lets out a little laugh "Don't say that you make it sound likes he's dead" he hits my arm softly.

"Hey how about we head to the cafe and get him moomin cookies from there hmm?"

"Okay"

"Wait for me outside I'll go a container" I say and he nods exiting the door.

I grab a post it and write a little note and put it at the bottom of the container.

We head to the moomin cafe and we see the lady who burned renjun over there. I feel my blood boil and we overhear he conversation with a worker.

"Hi can I have a boys number who works here he had half yellow and half black hair I want to apologize to him"

"Ah ok um here its xxx-xxx-xxxx"

"Thank you so much and if he ever comes please give him this 20 bucks as an apology thank you so much"she says and bows.

Hm maybe she was just having a bad day???

We order 15 moomin cookies and I place them in the container and head back to the building.

When we enter the building we see a person who looks quite familiar hit the button to chenle and jisungs floor.

Jaemin also stares at him a bit too much but he doesn't notice because he is listening to music on his phone. We hear him hum seventeen's hug and then voispers keep going hmmm that's weird usually renjun listens to those songs when we have nightmares. I finally know who it is and say "hey are yo-

He leaves the elevator probably not hearing us.

"Jeno doesn't that person look familiar"

"That was the person in the picture renjun has......it was his brother."

"We need to go to chenle's floor to give it to him"

(Hi guys i forgot to update but um im back and IM SO HAPPY BECAUSE HYUNJIN IS BACKKKKKKKK!! This'll probably come out on thursday unless I forget because this book normally updates on thursday but if it's not then......it is what it is)