Chapter 19

"We have to get a carpet and then we can go home"I said as I got in the truck.

"Ok, there's on about a mile from here" she said as I dove off.

"How do you know that?" I asked curious.

"I looked it up on your phone before we left the apartment" she said looking out the window.

"Ok, I can't wait to go home and just lay there" I said.

She didn't  say anything the rest of the way there.

"Alright I'm gonna go in and buy one do you have the square feet?" I asked before I got out of the car.

"It's 452 square feet" she said finally looked at me with a tired face.

"Hey were almost done, this will be over soon" I said reassuring her.

"No it won't" she said looking back out the window.

"How so?" I said not understanding

"I still have to live with what I did" she said now looking at me.

"You saved my life and yours, he was trying to rape you Emery it was self defense. Look at the bruise on your cheek and your shirt that he ripped open, you did what you had to do, I would be dead if you would not have done that, I owe you my life" I said only speaking the truth.

"I know it's just if we're weighing out everything, which is worse trying to rape someone or actually murdering someone?" she said with a straight face.

"Emery were not weighing anything out, you were trying to help us." I said about to get out of the car.

"Thank you" she said.

"For what?" I asked when all I've done is hurt her.

If she finds out what I did to her the night she got she may never trust anyone again.

I can't even imagine what she would do.

"For trying to be there for me" she said now looking at me.

"There should've always been someone there for you, the only difference is now someone is trying" I said getting out of the truck and closing the door before she could answer.

****

"Alright I'm back" I said getting in the truck.

"Where is the carpet?" she asked?

"In the bed of the truck" I said.

Alright we're gonna go home now.

"Alright, I think you should take the bag and the bleach up stairs I'll get the carpet when we get there" she said looking at me.

"Alright" I said remembering my ribs.

I went to go move my arm to see if I was able to move it since I haven't been able to because every time I did my stomach would hurt.

I try to lift my arm but before I can move it above my head a sharp pain in my stomach stops me making me hisss in pain.

"What are you doing?" Emery said turning her whole body to face me with a worried look on her face.

"I was just seeing if I could move it, I can't though my ribs hurt to much" I said slowly putting my arm back down. 

She sighed deeply and unbuckled her seat belt.

"What are you doing?" I said back to her with a playful tone in my voice.

"Let me see your stomach I need to see how bad it is" she said position herself to reach over the console.

"No it's to dangerous I don't want you to get hurt, I'll let you look when we get home" I said hoping she like listen.

"Ok" she said sitting back down in her seat and buckling up.

"Thank you" I said

"Do you actually mean that or is that a joke?" She asked looking at me questioning what I said.

"I mean that" I said grabbing her hand in mine.

I latched our fingers and rubbed my thumb back and forth on her hand.

She tried to relax into the seat but I could tell she couldn't.