Chapter 44

ASHTON'S POV

I don't know what is going on between John and Emery but she looks scared. I know she is trying to hide it but it's not working very well.

She asked me to keep her away from John. I don't know what happened in that room but I'm going to find out.

Me and Emery walk out of the hallway and into the living room.

"Alright, so is anyone hungry?" Emery asked standing behind the couch.

"I am if that is ok" Ava said turning her torso around to look at Emery as I sat on the couch.

"Yeah that's ok, Ashton will you help me in the kitchen, since we have guests and you should help" She said giving me a smirk.

I rolled my eyes, got off the couch, and walked into the kitchen where she already was.

She already had the sandwich meat, bread, cheese, and chips out.

I pulled out a plate and set it on the counter next to her while placing bread on the plate.

"So What's going on between you two?" I whispered.

"Don't" she whispered and continued making the sandwiches.

I stoped prying and helped her finish the sandwiches.

We walked back into the living room and sat down. Emery sat between Ava and me.

I have to be honest if John has feelings for Emery I'm gonna be a little pissed. He's literally brought her nothing but trouble. I give her a home and everything even though I cause problems to.

"Can I use your bathroom?" John asked looking at me.

"Yeah, I'll show you where it is I forgot water anyways " I said as he got up and I followed.

"Here it's this one" I said walking to the beginning of the hallway and pointing to the door.

"You couldn't of just said that dude" John said walking past me.

"I'm bad at directions"I said shrugging as he walked into the bathroom.

Emery choked on her food. Probably because she knows I really am bad at directions.

I walked into the kitchen and got a glass of water for every one.

As I walked behind the couch i handed Ava and Emery their glasses and noticed John walking towards Emery's room.

"Apparently your bad with directions to because the living room is right here, not Emery's room" I said smiling and slightly pissed two but hiding it.

"What no, I'm just trying to put a camera in Emery's room" he said chucking.

Emery turned her neck to see John behind the couch standing by me. She looked shocked but also scared and started fake laughing.

"Relax I was just fucking with y'all" he said sitting down next to Emery who now looks uncomfortable.

I finished giving every one their water, got everyone blankets, put a movie on and turned off the lights.

After all that I finally sat down next to Emery and put my arm around the back of the couch where she was sitting. John did the same with his sister.

****

We're half way through the movie and I have my arm around Emery's neck.

I feel her breathing at normal comfortable pace and all of the sudden it basically stops. I think nothing of it because it picked up slowly. I know she's not falling asleep because less then 2 minutes ago she was complaining about the movie.

Her breathing stops again and now I'm worried. I look down at her chest and realized she's trying to steady her breathing. She only dose that when she's uncomfortable or scared. I look at her face and I see her trying not to cry or look scared.

"Are you ok?" I whispered in her ear.

"Pull me closer to you" she whispered very quietly back.

I pull her closer almost so that she is laying on my chest. I have my arm wrapped further around her now. And her breathing finally evens out.

5 minutes later her breathing is messing up again and her chest is rising and falling rapidly.

Out of now where she moves her legs closer to mine. Which is something she never dose because she likes her personal space.

She taps my chest and and I bring my ear close to her mouth.

"The blanket help me" she said in a shaky voice.

I look down at the blanket that is only covering her legs and see something moving. I finally realize what's happening. John is fucking with her under the blanket.

I scoot over more to the corner of the couch and pull her between my legs after putting a pillow there. I grab my blanket and cover us both up.

She grabs my hand and intertwines our fingers under the blanket after laying her head down on my chest.

***

It's 10 o'clock the movie is now over and Emery is now asleep or pretending to be.

I look over and see that Ava is to.

"I think maybe you guys should go home, Emery's got school in the morning and Ava fell asleep" I said looking at John.

"Yeah, I'll see you later man" he said getting up.

No the fuck you wont stupid bitch. The fuck, after what you just pulled. You will not be seeing me later or Emery. Stupid mother fucker. I thought.

"Hey can you help me with her?" He asked grabbing his keys

I got up and put Emery on the couch laying down. I picked up Ava bridal style and walked out the door with John.