Chapter 63

Ashton's POV

I just got a call from Emery's school saying she's being rushed to the hospital from fainting and a fever of 106.

I should have taken her sooner. I shouldn't have put it off. It may or my not be her back. I don't know. I just shouldn't of put this off.

I'm in the car about 10 minutes away.

Mr. Nelson's POV

"Please tell me what's happening with her"

"I'm sorry sir but unless you are her legal guardian or a family member I can't do that"

I can't tell them that I'm her brother yet because she doesn't even know.

"Really. I'm the one that brought her here"

"I'm sorry sir"

God please be ok.

"Emery Wilson?"

A guy walks in and up to the counter asking for Emery and my head snaps up. 

"Relationship to her"

"Legal guardian"

"She's in surgery, she'll be out in an hour or so, I'll have her doctor come speak with you"

"SURGERY? Why is she in surgery?"

Why the hell is she in surgery. Please be ok. Please.

"I'll go get her doctor sir"

The doctor walks away from the counter and he sits down next to me.

"Your her legal guardian?" I ask him.

"Who are you?"

"Mr. Nelson her teacher"

"I've heard about you, I appreciate everything you've done to help her, but what happened?"

"She was in gym class and the gym teacher told her to take her jacket off, she said no and went to get the pass I gave her, but she lost it, he kept making her run, and she passed out, I was called down to explain the situation as to why the pass was given"

"Did you?"

"No, I said it wasn't my place to tell, and that she needed to, she said she didn't feel comfortable telling him, and he got upset"

"Thank you, I appreciate that"

"Can you tell me what happened?"

"It's not my story to tell and if I were to you would need to know more then just what happened"

"Do you mind if I wait here with you?"

"Don't you have class?"

"They asked me to take her to the hospital and that they will have someone teaching my class"

"Then be my guest"

"Do you mind if I call you by your first name?"

"I don't mind, it's Elliot"

Ashton's POV

I'm grateful to have him as her teacher. I've never met anyone more concerned for their student.

I'm scared that she won't be ok. I need her to be ok.

It's my fault she's here. I shouldn't of let her fight John on her own. I should have helped her.

——-
1 hour later.

"Mr. Hals?"

"Yes that me, is she ok?"