Chapter 96

Emery's POV.

It's been almost 5 months. Mason got a place. It's funny because its in the same apartment complex as me.

He's doing a lot better. He seems happier. I'm glad I got him out of there. He more so did it himself though.

Ava is doing good. She helps me at the warehouse and I make sure her and her family is ok.

I can't stop thinking about Elliot. Every time I close my eyes I see him.

It hurts. The pain of seeing my brother dead, cold, wet in my arms hurts.

I miss him. I miss going to his classes and seeing him teach. I miss his smile. I didn't even get know know anything about him.

I got a tattoo if his name. That tattoo is on the back of my neck. It's just his name in cursive. It wasn't hard to get done I just had to pay extra.

"Hey. You ok?" Mason akes.

We're hanging out in the living room. Alex and Ava are here to.

"Yeah. I'm good" I said sitting up.

Alex and Ava obviously like each other but haven't done anything.

"You sure?" Ashton asked from beside me.

"Yeah I'm good" I said smiling.

He's holding a beer. The crave for it has been more persistent lately. It's been hard for me to think.

"Emery?" Alex asks breaking my thoughts.

"Talk to us. What's wrong?" 

"Guys I'm fine. I'm serious. There's nothing wrong with me. I'm just tired" I said chuckling at all of them.

"Then come on. Let's put you to sleep" Mason said walking over to me.

"No funny business" Ashton said as I take Masons hand and get up.

Ashton thinks me and Mason have a thing for each other. We honestly don't though.

He pulled down the covers and helped me in bed.

"You know I know your lying" he said as he took my jacket off me.

"I'm fine. I don't know why I have to keep saying this. I'm just tired"

"Your tired because you haven't been sleeping have you?" He asked sitting on my bed.

"It's complicated" I said not closing my eyes.

"Yeah that's what you used to say. I won't take that anymore. Tell me the truth"

I sighed knowing he's right but I don't want to talk about it.

"Emery?" He asked after I didn't say anything.

"Just lay here with me. Ok. Don't talk" I said fighting to keep my eyes open.

"You want to cuddle?" He asks laying down.

I nod my head. Not saying anything. He's one of the two people I let hold me. Alex and him. I don't let Ashton because I get uncomfortable.