Chapter 35

EMERY'S POV

"Emery wake up, wake up Emery" I hear someone saying in my ear.

I slowly wake up and realize I'm in Ashton's arms in the door way.

"What's going on? Who is he Ashton? I asked looking at the guy sitting on the couch.

"A friend of Jace's, you can call me John short for Johnathan and we have unfinished business" he said standing up from the couch.

"What dose Jace want now?" Ashton asks.

"Put me down please" I said looking at Ashton.

He put me down in front of him and closed the door behind us. I tried not to fall over so I held onto the counter top. it hurts like hell to even stand.

"Is it Jace we have unfinished business with or you?" I asked not knowing who he is.

"Jace, and you should sit down he will call any moment" he said pointing to the seats at the counter.

I tried to walk to the counter but couldn't. Ash noticed and helped me to the counter.

"You took quite the beating" John said standing next to me suddenly.

"Let's just say unwanted business with Jace" I said sitting down at the counter.

"Don't worry I know all about the situation that just went down, I'm nothing like Jace though so you don't have to worry about that with me" he said pulling out a gun.

I scooted back in my seat not surprised a gun would be involved. It's business with Jace when is it not violent.

"How so?" I asked watching him place the gun on the counter.

Ashton was standing in front of me behind the sink.

"Which part? The situation or the fact that I'm nothing like Jace?" John asked.

"Both" I asked with a raised eyebrow.

"Well he kinda told me the whole story in detail when he woke me up at 10 o'clock at night to help him finish it, and I don't like the way he dose things, I like to handle them differently" he said putting his phone on the counter and looking at me.

"And the meaning of help him finish?" I asked scared of what he would say next.

"Is not what you think, but I can't say anything until he calls because he will clarify" he said glancing at the phone.

"Let's just say you need to brace yourself" he said as the phone started ringing.

"Don't take it personally if I'm rude during the call" he said before he answered.

-Jace- I assume everyone is sitting in the room.

-Emery- Correct you lifeless asshole.

-Jace- Slap her

I grab Johns gun before he even looks at me turn off the safety and point it at John.

-Emery- No one will be putting hands on me again, unless you want your friend shot Jace.

-Jace- You don't even know how to use that and when did you get a gun.