Chapter 3

I slowly wake back up in the same bed noticing a closet light on in the room. Rolling on my side shoving my face into the pillow next to me. I still have that sharp pain between my legs that I had earlier. I slowly sit up holding my throbbing hurting head with my back facing the door. I look around the room and realize there is someone siting in a chair next to my bed.

I quickly scoot backwards with my back facing the wall grabbing the blanket and pulling it up to my chest. " What are you doing in here Ashton?" I asked shocked he was in here. " This is my room" he said with a sweet and informative tone. "Oh, sorry" i said rubbing the back of my neck.

I pushed my hair out of my face, wincing at the pain in my hand while trying to block his vision from seeing me and feeling sincere that I was in his room in his bed.

" And making sure your ok" he added. " I'm fine" I said looking at him slightly shocked by what he said. " Really, can I check your hand?" He said. I froze a second looking down at my hand debating on wether or not I should let him check my hand or deal with it myself. "I already checked you foot seeing as you probably wouldn't of let me while you were awake". I smile at his comment because he is right I wouldn't of. "That's a first" he said with refreshing look on his face. "What?" I asked confused by what he meant and looking up at him from my hand. " You smiled" he said. I smiled again looking back at my hand. If only he knew the sarcasm behind the smile. "And again" with a proud look on his face. "Your pushing your luck" I said "Oh please I have tons of luck" he said. " Not with me" I said looking back up at him with a look that would probably remind him of the past. He froze for a moment not knowing what to say.

"Please?" He said looking sorry. I finally gave in and gave him my hand. He came closer and sat on the bed by me. "Can you come closer?" He said getting up and turning on the actual light. I gasped at the bright light and turned my head making my hair fall in my face.

He came back, sat closer to me on the bed and took my injured hand in his. I saw his jaw tighten and felt his hand tighten around mine making me hisss in pain as he looked at my hand. He then sighed and loosened his grip on my hand along with his jaw.

He took his other hand and brought it close to my face, I flinched at the thought of him hitting me. He continued to bring his hand close to my face after pausing for a second and tucked my fallen hair behind my ear while making eye contact with me. "I'm not going to hurt you again Emery I promise. You don't have to be afraid of me" he said. I looked away from his eyes wishing he hadn't of brought up the past.

He got up and walked out the room, and came back with a first aid kit. He grabbed my hand gently and began to to treat it "I'm sorry" he said without looking at me and continuing to treat my hand.

"It's fine" I said hoping he won't continue on about the past.

"No it's not. And I know saying I'm sorry will never make up for what I did so please don't say it's fine because it's not. It haunts me knowing that I hurt you and for what I did. It will never be enough. And that's not ok with me. I wish you could know how sorry I am".

" Ashton I don't want to do this right now I'm begging you, I seriously cannot mentally deal with right now".

"Hey? (he said cupping my cheek with his free hand) it's ok we don't have to talk about it right now ok it's ok I promise". 

We froze for a moment not wanting to talk. I got uncomfortable and slightly pulled my cheek away from his hand. He pulled his hand away completely and continued working on my hand.

"Sorry" I sad feeling embarrassed by me being uncomfortable.

"You don't ever have to apologize or justify your reason for being uncomfortable Emery" he said without looking at me.

" Look at me Ashton" I said sounding mature and  looking at him. " I'm sorry" i said looking into his eyes.

"For what?" he said looking worried.

" I don't know I just am" I said looking back down. "I know me to". He said finishing my hand by wrapping it. He let go of my hand and walked out of the room.

"Get some sleep we got things to discuss tomorrow" he said turning of the light and almost walking completely out before I stopped him.

"Don't you want your bed"?

"No your the lady, you get the bed".

" That is the most dumb thing I have ever listened to. ( I said getting up from the bed with a pillow)

"Where are you going?"-

"To the couch"

"Your not sleeping on the couch Emery get in the bed". He said grabbing my arm pinning it to the wall above my head with one hand and holding waist with the other.

"P-lease let go of m-e? I said in a shaky voice feeling dizzy. He quickly let go of me with a guilty look on his face.

"Are you ok? Did I hurt you?" He asked concerned.

"No I'm fine" I said holding my arm realizing he did actually hurt me.

"Help me". I said falling to the ground.

"EMERY?"

—————————-

Stop being silent readers, do my thumbs a favor and vote & commet✋🏽❤️😁