Chapter 28: Memories and Tears

Hachi was forced to stay at the hospital and I decided to stay at Ray's place and he gladly accepted.

"You know.. Hachi changed me. I was never like this. Then when he and I became a couple he made me go soft. The reason why I was so mean and defensive was because I was scared to be soft. And Hachi punctured a hole in my armor." I confessed. I continued to vent about the topic. Which included Crying, yelling, and occasional tripping. We made it to his apartment and He let me in.

"Ray, I'm sorry that I just put this all on you."

Ray looked over at me and simply gave a small smile.

"Y/n you are fine. You are a great friend to me and are like a sibling to me. It is only natural that I want to help you. Now I'm going to start cooking some seaweed soup. You can go into my room and sleep or just watch T.V in there." He said as he began to put the pot on the stove. I simply nodded and went to the room. I laid down and stared at the ceiling for a while with just a blank conscience. Then a flash of Hachi's face appeared. All the memories that he and I shared began to pour into my once empty thoughts. One memory hurt the most and that was when Hachi gave me the F/a on the boat. I didn't realize that I was crying. His smile. His laugh. His everything. It hurt so much that he just forgot about me, about us. I ended up crying myself to sleep.

I woke up to see that it was night out. I got up and saw that Ray left a note on his door. It read,

"Hey Y/n, I didn't want to wake you since you have been through a lot today but if you are hungry feel free to raid the kitchen and there is Seaweed soup in the fridge if you want that. -Love Ray"

I made my way to the kitchen and saw Ray on the couch fast asleep. He looked so at peace I simply smiled and began to eat the seaweed soup that he prepared. After that I got up and showered and went straight back to sleep hoping that Hachi will remember me. Remember us.