Chapter Five: Setback

Art isn't mine :)

I made it to Arowana Mall and walked into the same shop with the f/a. I looked at where the f/a was the day before and didn't see it.

'Cod, I was too late. Hachi was right. Well, no use crying over spilled milk.'

I walked out of the shop and made my way to the lobby to meet Ray and his team. As I approached the Lobby I only saw Ray and he didn't look so fresh. He looked out of it.

"Hey Ray, you okay?" I asked, looking at him.

He looked paranoid, and tired. He seemed super out of it. He looked up at me and looked away.
"Y-Yeah I'm fine just a bit tired that's all. No need to worry about me." He said with what tried to be a cheery tone.

"Ray, I know you aren't okay, Do you want to talk about it?" I asked, putting my hand on his shoulder. He flinched as soon as I touched him. He seemed to have dark circles under his eyes.

"I, just don't think it's okay for me to be here.." He said looking down. Ray began to play with his hands and I managed to get a good look at them.

"Scars?" I said out loud.

Ray turned his back to me and looked away. He seemed to be insecure about this.

"I'm sorry I just have a lot of... history.." he said avoiding eye contact. "I would tell you more but I just need to spend more time with you.." He spoke and looked up. I nodded and looked at him again with a bit of sympathy. "Look, I told Sancus and Cara that I wasn't really feeling well and said to just take the day off or just do whatever today. I just need some time for myself and get myself in the right mindset." He said before walking away. "I'm sorry for the mishap." he said walking to the Deepsea Metro Station.

"Well, that was a setback.. I wonder what I could do." I said and walked to Ammo Knights to train with f/w. "I could always learn new tricks and tips with the f/w." I said as I began to walk. I was curious no, I was intrigued by Ray. I wanted to know what "history" he had. The more I thought about it, the more I craved for answers. More questions bubbled in my head.

'Why does he have scars? What did Sancus mean by, "You know why you wear that Mask, it's to help you." Why did he call off today? What does he mean by "the right Mindset?'

More questions that I have no answer to. The more I craved for knowledge about this strange Octoling. Soon I found myself in Ammo Knights. I then headed straight into the training area

~-~-~A hours later~-~-~

"I feel exhausted but I learned a few new things." I said and began to walk out of the shop and looked at my phone.

New message from: tnegA

tnegA: Meet me at Albacore Hotel please, I'll make it worth your while.

'Who in the shell is this? What do I have to lose? I mean It could be a killer or a squidnapper but.... I'm gonna take my chances.'

I shrugged it off and made my way to the hotel. As the sun set the sky looked like a painting with purples and pinks. It soon faded away revealing the starry night.

"Lets see who this stranger is."