Chapter 14: A New Look

"I have to wear something other than a mask..." Ray dreaded.

"Look Ray, I think you're insecure about your scars. You should embrace them." I said with a small smirk.

"Y/n, I look awful, hideous, abnormal if you will," Ray spoke.

"Fine, but I don't see that, your team doesn't see that. Hachi doesn't see that." I trailed.

"I see your point I just. Need to suck it up." Ray sighed.

"Good, now you text Sancus and Cara, tell them everything. And I'll look in your headgear to help you with your choice." I planned out.

Ray nodded and began to walk to the area wear we could change gear and texted the other two. I looked in his wardrobe and saw many things. And I looked at his current clothing.

"We are gonna make a few more changes..." I said.

"Huh? I don't think that's a good idea..." Ray trailed off.

I grabbed a few things. Them being an outfit for him. Headgear being fake contacts, his shirt being Neo Octoling Gear, and for the shoes Neo Octoling Boots.

"Oh no... it's been years since I've worn that I don't think I should-"

"Too Bad! Get in it!" I said shoving him into the changing room.

"I- there is no winning this huh?" Ray sighed.

"Yup no winning for you. Now get in it!" I demanded.

Ray sighed and began to get dressed in it and I heard him struggle.

"Do you need help?" I asked with a chuckle.

"Yes and no." He stated.

"I'm coming in." I shouted and walked in.

Ray threw his shirt at me causing me to go blind for a second. I pulled the shirt off to see Ray's chest covered in scars, along with the rest of his torso.

"That's why I didn't want to wear this." Ray sighed.

"Well put on the shirt and we will see." I said with a small smile.

Ray began to put on his shirt and I got to see many scars on his back. I also noticed that he was built. Way more built than other Inklings and Octolings. Once he finally put his shirt on I saw that he looked pretty good in it.

"Now let's show Hachi." I said and pulled Ray's now gloved hand.

"I Umm..." Ray began to oppose.

"Hachi look at Ray.... is that." I said looking at Hachi with Sancus and Cara.

Ray rubbed his eye due to the contacts and shook his head. Once he looked up and saw Sancus and Cara he froze.

"Ray... is that you?" Cara asked with a small smile.

"Ray I-" Sancus stared, with tears threatening to fall.

"Guys I-" Ray began as the two of them tackled him in a hug.

"Ray you look amazing! It's been years since I've seen you in clothes that show your scars!" Sancus cried.

"Ray we are so proud of you taking this step!" Cara cried with Sancus.

Ray looked at them and began to smile. He wrapped his arms around them and fully smiled. And this time I was able to see it. His purple eyes looked truly happy.

"Thank you, you guys. Thank you to all of you. Y/n, Hachi... please join us in this hug." Ray said with his eyes glossy from his tears building up.

Hachi got up and joined them, almost knocking them over. The four looked at me and waited for my response. I showed a full smile. Not a smirk, not a small smile. A full smile that I haven't shown in years. I ran up to them and tackled them down to the ground in a hug. Laughs and smiles were shown in this moment. No sorrow. No sadness. Just happiness.

'Is this what a family is like?'

~Also thanks for the comments! I love reading them and it keeps me motivated honestly, hopefully you guys are enjoying where this is going. Stay Fresh! :) ~