Chapter 18: War

~~Art isn't Mine :)~~

We were waiting at spawn and I heard something in the distance.

"You got this Y/n! Go Team f/c!!!!" The voice cheered.

We all looked up to see Hachi and the rest of his team cheering for us. This action made me blush due to hachi saying my name in particular. We got ready and put on our game faces ready for a battle that can be life changing. The map was Sturgeon Shipyard, Perfect for Sancus. Then, I look over at Hachi and see him pumping his fist in the air cheering us on and he makes eye contact with me and does the unthinkable. He blows me a kiss. My face was on fire and I looked down at the map in front of me. Apparently the rest of the team saw my little connection and all I heard was giggles and chuckles. That made my stoic face, not so stoic.

"Okay, okay team that's enough. Let's gain our focus back." Ray chuckled one last time.

They all nodded their heads and looked forward. The horn blared and we all scattered, inking everything. Sancus was filled with glee as he placed his beakons down in various places. I chuckle at his happiness and continue to ink up the shipyard. Ray and I were moving in the middle as Cara was cleaning up our missed spots. Sancus was keeping his eye out for enemies and would constantly change positions to mix up the opponents. I was inking up everything as I saw spots of yellow ink. (change his ink color if that's your favorite color) Being cautious and began to throw tons of my bombs(If your weapon has bombs) As I pressed forward and saw Ray in the middle of the map fighting an enemy. I left him be as I continued to ink. I looked on my map to see that Sancus and Cara just got splatted. I saw that Ray was struggling to keep up with the entire team on him. I left my post and swam to him to help him out. As I swam up towards the dilemma and was about to shoot the enemies when my weapon was snatched out of my hand. I looked up to see Vera with my f/w I was going to take it back due to my trauma with others touching my weapon but was aimed at by dualies by Vera. I backed down and saw that Ray was being harassed by Jean and Scarlett. I gritted my teeth and was wondering where Cara and Sancus were. I then noticed that the last teammate was at our spawn with a Clash Blaster Neo. So Cara and Sancus were stuck. I look over and see Scarlett putting her dirty hands on Ray. She kept tracing her finger over his scars and he was clearly uncomfortable.

"Can you leave him the shell alone?! He clearly doesn't want to be in this position! Just splat us and we can continue with the turf war!" I yelled at the three. Just a little after that comment Vera just dualie whipped me, the force was strong enough to knock me down.

"Y/N!" Ray shouted and ran to me only to be hit in the back of the head with a Cherry H-3 Nozzlenose. Ray got up and shoved Vera out of the way and made his way towards me.

"Go, squid jump to spawn you're bleeding... Go! I'll deal with them." Ray said looking at my face.

Me being stubborn I said no. Ray looked at me and gave a sigh. He stood up in front of me and stared the two down.

"I knew you weren't going to play fair." Ray looked at me with sadness. "And look, you think you are so bad, you think this will keep me down. But not anymore. I have overcome my fear of you guys controlling me. You don't control me. And I'll prove it here and now." Ray said as he walked closer to them. "Now can we please have our-" Ray was then shot in the eye with ink.

"What the shell was that for?!" I yelled at Jean and looked at Ray's face to see yellow ink stain his purple eye.

"Pssh, why protect this garbage? You know he's useless..." Jean smirked. Vera squid jumped to the two of them as back up.

"You are trash for doing this to him for so many years! You would never be on the level that Ray is on!" I yelled at them.

"Y/n... Please just go to spawn.." Ray begged.