Chapter 11: Thunder and Lightning

Art isn't mine, it belongs to its rightful owner :)

I toss and turn trying to get comfortable on the couch. The sound of rain hitting the glass windows and glass door was soothing to me. It was just so calming to me. I would normally sleep to the Squid Sisters or just Marie's single, Tide Goes Out. Her song soothes me with her calm voice. My eyes flutter closed after humming the calm tune
~+12:30+~
I stir in my slumber trying to get comfortable once again. Yet, it seemed a bit harder to get into a comfortable position. Me being the lazy O/I I am, I didn't want to open my eyes and see what the problem was. I just continued to toss and turn then something that wasn't normal happened. I felt my torso get a bit heavier. This got my attention and I opened my eyes as best I could. I saw a lump on my chest and shrugged it off until I felt something fall on my face. I touched what it was and it was a... tentacle? I opened my eyes fully and saw Hachi laying on my chest. My face looked at the male in shock. Trying to comprehend what in the zapfish is going on. I am fully awake and began to gather my thoughts on how to get out of this predicament.
'I can't just say, hey get the Squit off me!'
I slapped my wrist for using the word I promised not to use.
"Mother of Mariana!" I whisper-yelled rubbing the pain away.
The octo on top of me began to stir. I quickly tried to relax my body to make it seem like I was asleep.
"Y/n? O-oh... I could have sworn I heard her talking..." Hachi slurred in his sleepy state.
'Don't squeal, don't SQUEAL!'
Hachi then nuzzled his head into my chest. My breath hitched. Trying my best not to scream out of pure embarrassment I tried to look for a way out. A crash of lightning and thunder hit causing the Octo to shoot straight up in fear. I took a chance and rolled over off the couch. Little did I know that there was a tiny flaw in my escape. As soon as I rolled over I took Hachi down with me. Causing me to be on top. I straightened my posture and tried to get off of him.
"Y/n! Oh thank cod you're okay!" He cried as he latched on to my waist.
As he hugged my waist, digging his face into my torso a blush spread across my face. He then looked up at me and another crash of lightning came and the roar of thunder. Hachi gasped and hid his face in my torso once more.
'Ohhh, he's afraid of storms'
"Y/n, I got a bit uneasy and wanted to get a cup of milk to calm down but I saw you just whimpering and I wanted to just comfort you." He said looking away.
"Oh, I was whimpering, It  was probably a nightmare I had." I explained.
"Well, I didn't like it.." He huffed.
"Hachi, were you scared of the lightning and thunder?" I asked.
"Would you think any less of me if I was?" He asked.
"Of course not Hachi, it's natural to be scared of loud noise and flashing lights. Is there anything you need for me to make you comfortable?"
"Um... It's embarrassing..." He trailed laying down and looked at the ceiling.
I popped my head in his line of sight with my t/c tentacles falling in my face.
"Well, tell me what it is, so I could help you to the best of my abilities." I yawned.
"Could you, s-sleep with me?" He stuttered.
My eyes widened and a f/c hue dusted my face once again.
"S-Sure. Just share the blanket." I joked.
He smiled and lifted me up off his lap and carried me to my room. I was a flustered mess. He sat me on the bed and took off his shirt he borrowed from me. I looked away trying not to  peek. Yet I really wanted to do so. Next thing I know he just crawled over me. I take this chance to see how his body was structured. I will say that he had a six pack on him he was built but not exaggeratedly buff. Once he climbed over me he got under the covers and snuggled into a pillow and I could hear a muffled noise.
"What?" I asked
"Good night." He yawned and began to fall asleep.
"Good night." I smiled and laid down and closed my eyes, letting darkness drift me to sleep.