Chapter 9: A wonderful night

"I had a great time with you y/n!" He cheered.

"I did as well. It was out of my comfort zone, that's for sure." I smiled back at the octoling. He looked at me with his same smile.

"Is this your place?" He asked looking at the apartment door.

"Uhh, Yup. It's 737. Thank you for walking me home Hachi." I said with a f/c dusting my face.

"It was no problem at all y/n. I hope you and your team will talk to us." he said with glee.

"Hachi, do you think I should join them?" I asked him, messing with my tentacles.

"Yeah! They look like amazing people. I would love to see you and them battle in turf and rank modes." He said and began to think.

"Is something wrong..?" I asked him.

"I just wanted to ask a question..." he began.

"I'll answer it to the best of my abilities." I replied. He nodded and started up again.

"Well, I wanted to know what their backstories are. Like how they became a team of three. You know, how they became friends." He said with curiosity.

"Huh, oh yeah I guess that never peeked my curiosity... but now I'm intrigued." I said while rubbing my chin

"Well, it seems like they are nice and treat each other very well, so I would say yes to their offer. And if they do bad things to you, then you could always leave the team." Hachi suggested.

I looked at the ground and saw my beaten up doormat. I hated that all the memories of my previous team came to mind. They were such toxic people. Constantly putting me down and my skill down when it came to my f/w. And when I used any other weapon other than my main, the comments got harsher. Which was hard to believe that they could.

"Ah! y/n, are you okay? Please don't cry!" He said, pulling me into a hug.

'I'm crying..?'

This octoling broke my stoic facade. Who knew it would be from some that I would just randomly meet due to a salty team. To think... if I hadn't played with Ray and his team against that team. I might have never met Hachi.

"I have to say thank you..." was all I said to hachi returning the hug.

He gave me a confused look as I began to unlock my door. I, like the clutz I am, dropped my key. I tried to get it before it fell but ended up smacking my forehead against the door.

"Grrr.... can't say it.. I can't, I promised hachi..." I said under my breath.

Little did I know Hachi gave a smile of victory. I unlocked my door and threw my h/g on the couch.

"Hachi come in and make yourself at home. I heard that it's gonna rain tonight and I think you should sleep over." I said taking off my s/g.

"I-Oh y/n I wouldn't want to intrude on you."

"Hachi you are staying the night. I'll get you some clothes so you can sleep in." I said sternly.

"I guess I don't have a choice..." he giggled. He brought out his phone and began to text someone.

"Who ya texting?" I said stretching.

"My team letting them know that I'm fine." He smiled.

'Does he ever stop smiling?'

"I'll be back. I'm gonna grab your clothes." I spoke and walked away to get him comfortable sleeping clothes.

Hachi sat on the couch and looked around the apartment and saw it was f/c. Not a vibrant f/c like a pastel f/c. He looked and saw the glass door to see a balcony. It was a pretty view. With the droplets of water giving the lights from the outside look more outstanding. Soon I came back and handed him some comfy clothes.

"Thank you y/n!" He spoke and began to take off his clothes.

I quickly averted my gaze and looked the other way while he changed into his sleepwear. Hachi put his pants on but struggled with the shirt.

"Um y/n I need some help..." he said softly.

I looked at him to see the button up shirt wide open showing his chest. My face began to turn f/c. I swallowed the saliva in my mouth and looked back at him to see him unfazed.

"What seems to be the problem Hachi?" I asked, trying not to die.

"I always have trouble with buttons. I tend to put the buttons in the wrong place." He said sheepishly.

I nodded and looked away and took a deep breath and exhaled.

"Okay come here." I spoke as I cracked my knuckles.

He nodded and walked over to me with a smile on his cute face.