Chapter 16: Food Break

~Art is by me! Look at lil Ray! I'll stop, onto the chapter!~

I chuckle and so does Ray and Hachi. I look and see that Ray was gonna put on his mask and jacket again. I walk over to him and take it away.
"Y/n come on.... please?" He asks.
"No you need some confidence so I want you to strut your stuff in this amazing outfit with your bad self." I said with a bit of sass to spice it up.
Ray chuckled and nodded softly. He peeked out of the lobby and saw many Inklings and Octolings. He froze and I being the great teammate and friend, I shoved him out of the lobby. He gained his balance back and gave me a playful dirty look. I give him a thumbs up with Hachi copying my moves. He walked out of the lobby shy at first and began to gain some confidence. Hachi and I look at each other with a nod of approval of Ray's new found confidence.
"He's not all that shy. On the battlefield he is ruthless." Hachi spoke and held my hand.
"I know he's gotten a team wipe when I first met him." I chuckled and walked over to the group.
Ray was chucking at Sancus and Cara for their jokes and old embarrassing stories. Yet I noticed he wasn't eating. Once Hachi and I sat at the table I instantly asked Ray.
"Why aren't you eating?"
"Um... I'm not hungry.?" He spoke. It sounded like a question at the end. Next thing I hear is his stomach grumbling.
"Not hungry, yeah right. Go order something, don't want our leader to pass out mid battle." I chuckled.
Ray chuckled and walked to the truck.
"So... when are you two gonna date?" Cara said with a flirty voice.
Hachi was blushing as I looked away.
"Ooh, you've noticed too?" They would make such a cute couple!" Sancus smiled.
"O-Oh you guys..." Hachi blushed.
"Hachi!" a voice called out.
We all turned around and saw an octoling with loose tentacles jogging towards us. She stopped in front of Hachi and I.
"Hachi! We've been worried about you, who is y/n?" She asked.
"Hi Nana! I've been with her!" Hachi smiled and pulled me close to him.
I could hear Sancus and Cara chuckle at the gesture. It made me give a glare at the two. They laughed it off and continued to eat their food.
"Hi, I'm y/n. Don't worry I made sure he was safe." I chuckled.
"I am grateful. I know Hachi could handle himself but I just worry." She smiled.
"Nana! I am fully capable of taking care of myself." Hachi grumbled childishly.
Ray walked up and saw Nana and quickly hid his face.
'Oh Ray... just grow a pair.'
"Ray, about time, you better hurry we don't know when those salty players will come." I spoke.
"Right.. My bad." Ray chuckled and sat down and began to eat.
"So how did you meet y/n, hachi?" Nana asked.
"She was the one that I helped remember? Or.. she helped me." He chuckled.
"Oh, this is her? She looks super cute in her h/g!" Nana smiled.
"Doesn't she! Hey, actually can you call the team? I want Afro and Pony to support Y/n and Ray's team for their battle."Hachi smiled.
Nana smiled and nodded as she grabbed her phone and called Pony and Afro. She turned away and continued to have this group call. Hachi looked at me with his asymmetrical smile. I gave him a small nervous smile and looked down at my food.
'What if Nana doesn't like me and wants Hachi to leave me?'
"Y/n? You okay there? We are going to play the match in a few minutes. Don't tell me that you and Ray are getting cold feet?" Hachi asked with concern.
"No, just nervous that's all... and Ray is talented. He just doesn't see it the way he can move through the battlefield is amazing. He is like a different person on the battlefield." I spoke looking at Ray still nervous about him not covered up.
"Y/n, You are amazing too! The way you splat Inklings and Octolings is just breathtaking." Hachi smiled and held my hand. I blush at this and look at Cara to see her giving me a smirk.
"Okay guys! We are gonna head over to the tower and create a room for us to stop this once and for all!" Sancus smiled as he stood up.
We all stood up and threw away our trash and headed to the lobby. Ray and myself in front of Cara and Sancus. I looked over to see that Hachi and Nana with two other Octos rushed to us to find a good seat to view the Match. I looked over at Ray and saw that his nervous and cheerful face fade into a serious and straight face. It was scary how he looked. I had never seen someone look this terrifying and that was just him in his making a straight face. We got to the lobby and Ray put the code in and we walked in. I gave one last look at Hachi to see the other Octolings smiling and cheering us on. I give a small smile and walk into the lobby and grab my F/w ready to end this problem between Ray and these Cephalopods.

~Sorry for the long wait! School is a problem and my teachers love giving homework, nonetheless I hope you liked this chapters :>~