Chapter One: Another day

It was another day in Inkopolis Square. I brushed my T/c tentacles out of my face and yawned. I got ready to play turf and got dressed in my C/g and put on my S/g. After getting my gear on I styled my tentacles in a T/s. Next, I put on my H/g and grabbed my F/w along with my phone. Walking to Inkopolis Square was peaceful and calming until a group of squids began to make a commotion. I gritted my teeth and sighed.

'I just want to splat some kids and get some upgrades for my F/w'

I then arrived at the very busy Square with Inklings and Octolings. I give a small smile to myself seeing that both groups have accepted one another. That smile quickly faded away as I began to enter the lobby and play Turf. Whispers could be heard from others consisting of, 'Why doesn't she have a team?' or 'who plays without a group of friends?' I ignore the comments and get ready to battle.

~~After a few Battles~~

'Okay one more match and I'll break for lunch.'

The map was Port Mackerel. I was grouped with two inklings and an Octo. The inkling boy's name was Sancus and the other Inkling was named Cara. As for the octoling his name was Ray. Ray and Sancus seem to be close with one another with adding Cara to the conversation. Cara was still fairly new to the whole battle thing.

"Hey, I'm Ray, I usually use the Heroshot, Hero Dualies or the Hero Brella. But it's mainly the Heroshot. What's your name and what do you use." He asked with a bit of a monotone. Ray had a Forge mask, a Rockin' Leather Jacket and Orca Woven High Tops.

"I'm Y/n, and I main the F/w." I replied.

"That's a good weapon, Sancus here mains the E-Liter 4k scope and Cara Mains the krak on splat roller. Lets win this Match." He said with a determined voice.

He held his hand out for me to take. I was a bit hesitant and Ray could see that.

"I won't do anything to harm you. I'll take an Inkshot for you." He said sincerely.

"You don't know me. And you'll take an Inkshot for me? I find that hard to believe." I spat back. He gave a small chuckle and spoke.

"You'll see, I never let my teammates hang out to dry, even if it costs me to get splatted." He finished and shook my hand. "See you on the battlefield Y/n." Ray said with a smirk that was hidden behind his mask and walked to Sancus and Cara.

~.'~.'~.'~.'Start of the match~.'~.'~.'~.'

"Let's do our best guys!" Sancus smiled.

"Ray you got our backs right?" Cara asked with a nervous smile.

"I got all of your backs, just try and Turf as much as you can." Ray spoke and moved his tentacle out of the way just for it to fall back into place.

"Y/n ready to splat these fools?" Ray gave a determined look.

"You bet I am. Let's show these fools who they are messing with." I smirked.

The three showed smiles and determination. The whistle blew signaling for us to go and we all went into different directions inking up the place. I ran down the left side of the map and I was met with one of the enemies who had the Dualies Squelches. She began to shoot at me, as I was going to fire back I ran out of ink. I began to retreat with the enemy following when I heard the noise of someone being splatted. I looked to see her little ghost and a trail of F/c. I catch my breath and look behind me to see Sancus shoot a smile and a thumbs up.

"You got this Y/n! We got your back." He shouted before swimming to a different location.

I was shocked that one of my teammates saved me, I quickly got up and began to ink the turf. There was one minute left with us battling for the middle ground. I slipped past the commotion and began to sneak into their base. As I was inking the enemy's colored sponge I heard footsteps. I backed up and ended up against the corner the enemy shot where I was. I quickly stood up to try and ink where I stood when three of the four members blocked my way of escaping.

"Look at what we have here, a lonely o/i. We need to teach you a lesson about going into our territory." An Inkling with slicked back tentacles and a splattershot mocked. Next thing I see is Ray super jumped to me.

"No... Ray!" I shouted. The inkling from before simply chuckled and pointed his weapon at me as they got closer to me.

"Looks like we are gonna splat two instead of one." The same inkling spoke.

I saw Ray falling down to where we were but instead of the normal jump it was a death jump. I braced for the enemy's fire but nothing happened. I looked to see Ray did a Splashdown as he was about to land and splatted the three. Ray looked at me and gave a nod of reassurance and was about to run off when the last team member began to shoot at me. Ray didn't hesitate and shot them twice with his heroshot but was about to get splatted. Before he did Ray threw a burst bomb and splatted the last enemy and was taken back to spawn.

'Thank You ray.' I smiled to myself.

"Booyah!" Ray yelled from spawn.

"Booyah!!" Sancus shouted as he inked the turf to the best of his abilities.

"Booyah!!!!" Cara yelled as she ran inking all the pink ink. (Sorry if you chose pink ;-;)

"Booyah!" I yelled.

'Wow, that's the first time in a long time that I said booyah to any team.'

The match ended and Judd and Lil Judd were debating when Judd held up a f/c flag.

"Shell yeah! Good teamwork guys!" Ray said Hi-fiving Cara and Sancus. I began to leave but was captured into a bear hug.

"Y/n! You were amazing! You should join our team, I'm sure Ray would love to have you on the team!" Sancus smiled and let me go.

"Is Ray the leader of the team?" I asked dusting off my c/g.

"He says he's not but he acts like a leader in the battlefield. I just say he's the leader. Cara believes he's one as well. But please join! We need one more member and we love your presence!" Sancus begged.

Ray and Cara walked over and saw us.

"Hey, Y/n you are outstanding with the f/w. We would really love to have you join the family." Ray said with a smile. You could tell when he smiled under his mask.

"Family?" I asked. Ray quickly looked away and chuckled.

"I consider my team as a family. My Apologies if I made it awkward." Ray said as he rubbed the back of his head.

"Hey, why don't we give Y/n our number so we can be in contact?" Sancus spoke.

"That's a great idea Sancus!" Cara smiled.

Ray, Cara and Sancus got out their phones and showed me their numbers. I put the numbers in my phone and nodded once I finished.
"Well, I hope you consider joining our team, we could use a leader." Ray smiled.

"WHAT! Ray you are the leader. Y/n could be our Senior!" Sancus smiled filled with glee.

"What do you mean by senior?" Cara asked.

"Yeah, I don't know what you mean." I said with the same amount of confusion as Cara.

"He's talking about ranks in the military. I would be Chief and second in command is the Senior." Ray explained.

"Yeah! Let's do that! Y/n we really hope you join us!" Sancus smiled.

"I hope so too! I love the vibes you give off." Cara smiled a toothy smile. I looked at the two cheering with loads of energy.

"Ray we're going to Headspace, meet us there!" Cara said dragging Sancus with her.
Ray chuckled at their childness.

"They are the best once you get to know them. I really hope you consider joining our team, but I understand if you wouldn't want to. Just think about it, and just shoot us a text or a call." Ray said.

"I'll think about it." I said and began to walk off.

"If you need any don't hesitate. I'm sure we can help you, even if you don't want to join us. We are your friends. Or I hope so." Ray said before leaving to Headspace.

'Should I join? Last time I joined a team they just bullied me... but they seem different. Maybe'

(A/n: Would you join Ray's team? Tell me in the comments :>)