Chapter Two: Lunch

I was starving after that last battle so I grabbed my tickets and headed to the Crust bucket.

"Heya! What would you like?" Sean asked.

"I have a ticket for a Triple-Fried Galactic Shwaffle, so that please." I said with a small smile.

"Alright! I'll call you when your order is ready." Sean smiled back.

I walked to an empty table and saw a few teams exit the lobby and noticed the S4, Goggles team, a group of Octolings and the last team that we had defeated. I rolled my eyes and looked on squidstagram. A few minutes later a slam was heard and my table moved. I looked up to see the same inkling with the splattershot.

"You, where is your team?!" He said through his gritting teeth.

"What? I don't have a team." I said with a monotone voice.

"That will make this easier then." He chuckled darkly. I gave a <Really?> face and just went back to squidstagram.

"You think this is a game? Oh little O/I you are going to regret embarrassing us infront of that crowd." He spat.

"It's a Turf War, you win some, you lose some. Deal with it." I said back to him liking a post from the Squid Sisters.

Out of nowhere he took my phone out of my hands and taunted me with it.

"So this caught your attention." He chuckled.

"Dude give it back, it's not yours." I said trying to grab my phone back. Then one of his teammates pulled my h/g off.

"What the shell?! Give me my gear and phone back!" I began to raise my voice.

The group of Octolings overheard the commotion and looked at us. The splattershot main gave my phone to another teammate and shoved me out of my chair. I looked up to see the Splattershot main tower over me. My e/c eyes shrunk seeing that this stranger and his team are doing this to me because they lost to us.

"HEY! LEAVE HER ALONE!" A voice yelled.

I looked in direction of where the voice was and saw someone running and stopped in front of me.

"Leave her alone, or else." The new cephalopod spoke.

"Oh look here, someone here to protect a pathetic O/I. What are you gonna do?" Splattershot asked mockingly.

The new presence tensed up a bit and began to stutter.

"Don't you dare bring them into this. This is between you and me." I said standing up and looked at my savior.

A good looking Magenta Octoling with Squidlife headphones, Red Cuttlegear LS, and Suede Gray Lace-Ups.

"Stay down, you seem like you belong on the floor."

"You do say that about any Cephalopod!" The Octo said angrily.

I put him behind me and looked at Splattershot waiting for his next move. He lunged at the octoling that saved me. I Shoved him out of the way and began to push the inkling off me. I ran and grabbed my headgear and my phone and ran back to the Octo that helped me.

"Come on, I'll Buy you and your team lunch for all the trouble I've caused." I said helping him up.

"This isn't over!" Splattershot shouted angrily.

While he was leaving his team trailed behind him. I looked into his red eyes and saw that he was nervous?

"Hey, um, I'm sorry I couldn't be more helpful." He said, looking down with a sad face.

"It's okay, it was just spur of the moment. Plus you did help me out quite a bit." I said with a small smile.

"Y/n, your order is ready!" Sean said.

My ears perked up at the thought of food. I dusted off the octo and began to make my way to the truck when the cephalopod gently grabbed my hand.

"I-I'm Hachi, maybe we can play Turf war or get some prizes from Salmon Run." He stuttered.

'Cute, adorable even.'

"That sounds like fun and I'm Y/n." I said before heading to my food.

I waved goodbye as we both parted ways. I got my Triple-Fried Galactic Shwaffle. As I was eating I just noticed something.

"I forgot to give him my number! You gotta be squidding me!" I scolded myself as I munched on the Shwaffle.

(A/n: What would you have done in this situation? Let me know in the comments I'm curious :o)