The Ring.....10

The next morning comes in a matter of hours, Sam wakes up before Marley and a strong sense of Deja vu crosses over him. All the morning he would wake up before Marley and just watch her sleep, she was always so peaceful. Sam looked over at the clock and saw it was eight thirty, deciding to get up and talk to Steve and Nat who would be completely awake right now. He slides out of bed letting Marley sleeping peacefully, he slides over to her desk writing a note so she doesn't freakout then he slides out the door. Sam has been beating himself up since they left Wakanda, he couldn't believe he could be so stupid, he has a perfect thing and he's about to ruin it. Sam walks into the kitchen to see Nat and Steve sitting at the counter.

"We might have a slight problem," Sam says sitting down in front of the duo.

"Problem? Like relationship problem, or fate of the world problem." Nat asks taking a drink of her coffee.

"The first one, I might have done something really stupid."

"Uh-oh," Steve says leaning his head on his hand. "What did you do?" 

"I may have packed up to quickly when leaving Wakanda..." Sam says trailing off hoping the two people could figure it out themselves.

"what are you talking about?" Nat says.

"You didn't," Steve says and Sam looks down and nods.

"I did," he says not looking up. "I forgot the ring, in Wakanda, half way across the world." Sam says causing Nat to drop her mug of coffee and Steve to (accidentally) slam his head against the table.

"You're lucky we've got more important things going on or I would beat your ass." Nat says giving Sam a death stare. "No, I take that back, I'm going to beat you ass right now." She says slowly standing up and starting to walk around the counter. Steve lifts his head.

"You better start running idiot, I'm not going to help you out of this one," Sam gets out of his seat and starts backing towards the door nodding his head.

"I wanted to go on a run this morning anyway, now I have a crazy woman chasing me as a reason to run faster," He says as his back hits the door, in a matter of seconds Sam turns around pushing the door open and sprinting out running through the halls not looking back to see where Nat was.

~~~~

Hours later the afternoon sun was shining, the birds were chirping, Nat was sleeping off her anger, Steve was trying to fix the ring problem, and Sam had just finished showering off sweat from his three hour non-stop run. Once he got dressed he went to the kitchen, his plan was to take Marley to one of the many training fields for a picnic since they couldn't really go out in public.

Even though there were very little people living in the compound at the time the kitchen was extremely stocked with food. So Sam made lunch, a variety of things, quite the feast. He placed it all in a box that was more or less basket looking  before grabbing more supplies and heading out to a training field. About half an hourater he walks back k to compound and runs into Marley.

"Hey, just the girl I wanted to see," He says with a smile on his face.

"Sam, where have you been, you and Nat both missed Bruce's morning brief and then I havent been ably to find you anywhere,"

"Whoa, whoa, whoa, calm down, I'll get caught up on brief I promise. And this morning I went on a run, I wasn't planing on it being as long as it was but  something came up and it was a really long run," Sam says claiming Marley down and smiling when she visable relaxes. "I have to go talk to Steve real quick, why don't you get dressed I to something a little lighter."

"What do you mean?" Marley says furrowing her brows and looking down at her baggy sweatpants and sweatshirt.

"I mean, " Sam says tilting her chin up so she's looking at him. "That we are spending the day together, and I don't want you to be uncomfortable because we're going to be outside, and it's only getting warmer," Marley nods in understanding before giving Sam a kiss and walking away. After she leaves he goes to find Steve.

"Any word on the ring?" Sam asks once he finds Steve, he didn't even care that he was talking to Rhodey, he was on a time crunch and he needed answers.

"They have been busy, something about the borders of something like that I don't really remeber, Shuri said it could be like two days until they can get it here," Steve says.

"Ok, thanks for checking for me, " Sam says patting Steve on the shoulder.

"Whoa, whoa, whoa, why do you need a ring?" Rhodey asks.

"Well you see, you'll find out when the time is right," Sam says wanting it to be a surprise for someone. Marley walked into the room now in a much lighter outfit. "Now if you don't mind my woman's here and I've got to go," Sam says, with a funny sweeping bow he walks over to Marley before interlocking her arm with his and leading her from the room.

"Now Sam what are we doing? " Marley asks as they walk through the halls.

"Where would be the fun if I told you? " He asks to which Marley just shrugs her shoulders. "May I just add that you outfit is absolutely stunning," He adds looking Marley up and down as they walk, she was wearing a simple orange v-neck sundress that had a whit Floral pattern, with simple brown strappy sandles.

"Thank you, I remeber this dress being one of your favorites."

"It's a two for one then because it's also one thats perfect for a day in the sun," He says leading her out of the door towards the training field where he has his surprise set up.

A/N: this is the last one for today, five updates in one day... Wow... Any way from this point on I'm not gonna say I'm sorry anymore because y'all said you were prepared to cry so... Y'all might get to cry :) have a great night/ day! Make sure you eat, drink, talk to someone. Get some sleep. I know that's what I'm going to do.

Good night beautiful people :) ~M