The Waiting Game........17

"Is she dead?" Sam asks as he and Tony crouch down next to Marley and Carol. Carol's hand goes to Marley's neck checking for a pulse.

"She's not dead, " Carol looks down at her chest. "Her breathing is really shallow though,"

"What's that?" Tony says pointing to the liquid seemingly coming from nowhere. "where's that coming from?" Carol looks down at her legs and see's the pooling liquid. She quickly looks over Marley only to find a knife sticking out of the back of her shoulder.

"Shit, there's knife," Carol says as she moves Marley slightly so she can put pressure on the bleeding wound.

"Shit, shit, shit, We need Bruce," Sam shouts to whoever would listen. Carol keeps pressure on the wound trying and failing to stop the bleeding. Bruce comes running through the crowd. He looks over Marley quickly knowing that time was of the essence. "Bruce we need to do something to that shoulder, she's loosing a lot of blood," Sam says his para rescue knowledge kicking in.

"There's not much we can do Sam, all my equipment went down in the bombing, she won't make it to a hospital in time. I'm sorry," Bruce says looking at Sam with sad eyes.

"No,no no no, don't say that, there has to be something. I just got back I can't loose her,"

"I'm sorry Sam," Bruce says tears forming in his eyes. No one wanted to loose Marley she had effected everyone on the team in some way. But at this point there was nothing they could do.

"The cabin," Tony says  suddenly. "It's not that far from here, we can use the lab, I should have everything you would need,"

"We can try," Bruce says. " I don't know how well ill be able to do it but with someones help I should be able to do it," Tony nods standing up helping Carol carry Marley while still keeping pressure on the wound. As if her read someones mind, Strange made a portal leading straight to Tony's log cabin and walked through it too. Sam took over Tony's spot helping Carol as they made their way into the house. Tony shoved things off the tables and out of the way to make room for Bruce to work. Once they got the room situated and Marley down on a table Carol and Tony left the room to let Bruce work. Sam was about to get ready to help before Strange stopped him.

"I'll assist Dr.Banner, I was a surgeon," He says trying to get Sam to leave.

"But-" Sam tried to protest only to be shut down.

"Sam, you're in no shape to help with something this important. We won't fail, trust me," Sam reluctantly listened to Strange walking out of the lab and letting them do their thing.

"She'll be alright Sam," Tony says "Your girl is a fighter," Sam nods his head.

"Hows Carol, after the snap?"

"She used a lot of energy, nothing a nap can't fix, she actually passed out not long after we put Marley down. She's in the guest room," Sam nods and follows Tony to the living room where more people then before were sitting.

"How is she?" Nat asked from her spot.

"She's with Bruce and Strange," Sam says taking a seat.

"Daddy?" A small voice asks from the stairs making the group turn around.

"Morgan baby what are you doing up?" Tony asks before turning to Pepper. "Isn't she supposed to be with Happy?"

"She was Happy brought her back not long ago, I thought she was asleep," Tony sighs before getting up and walking towards his child.

"What are you doing up little miss?" Tony says lifting Morgan up into his arms.

"I heard a lot of noise, what's happening daddy?"

"Well that is a looong story, one that is too long for tonight, so I'm going to give you the short story ok?" Tony says sitting on the stairs with Morgan in his lap. The rest of the group talked amongst themselves in hushed tones, while Sam watched Tony with his daughter. "So years ago there was this bad bad man. And this man wanted to do something horrible, and so daddy and his friend went and fought the bad bad man, but we lost. Years go by, your born, you grown up and now we find a way to fix what the bad bad man did. So we got together and fixed it. But the man came back, and so we fought again, but this time we won. And your Aunt Marley was a big help," Tony said looking at the little girl. "Did you know she could fight?" Morgan shakes her head fast.

"Is she better then you daddy?"

"Oh you bet, your Aunt is one of the strongest girls I know, a lot stronger then me," Tony says and a look of shock passes over Morgans face, she turns around and scans the room looking for her aunt but doesn't see her anywhere.

"Wheres Aunt Marley?"

"Well, that's the sad thing, she got hurt pretty bad while she was saving the day. But she's in a room with two great doctors right now, she'll be good as new before you know it," Tony says.

"Can I see her?"

"Not right now baby, the doctors are still fixing her, I know what you can do though," He whispers something in Morgans ear and points over to the group of people sitting int he living room. Morgan nods her head with understanding as her father speaks. When he finishes she gives him one last nod before sliding off his lap and running over to the group of people. To Sam's surprise the little girl got up into his lap and sat down facing him. The group around them stop talking as they watch whats happening. Tony walks over sitting down next to his wife, she gives him a confused look to which he ignores.

"Uh...can I help you?" Sam asks the little girl on his lap.

"My daddy said that you really really really really really love Aunt Marley," the little girl says looking up at Sam.

"Yeah I do, I've loved her that much for a long time,"

"Thats a lot of reallys," Morgan says and Sam chuckles.

"Yeah I guess it is,"

"I sorry Aunt Marley's hurt,"

"It happens," was Sam's only reply, tears started forming in his eyes but he refused to let them fall. He is caught off guard again when the little girl wraps her arms around Sam's neck. He awkwardly hugs her back lightly, once she pulls away she places a hand on either side of Sam's face forcing him to look at her.

"Aunt Marley is going to be ok, because she really really really really really loves you too,"

" That's a lot of reallys kid," Sam says a small smile on his face. Morgan lets go of his face before nodding rapidly making his chuckle.

"Alright squirt, time for bed," Tony says standing up. Morgan follows his instructions climbing off of Sam's lap and following Tony up the stairs. "Great job kid, great job,"

A/N: I had to add the Morgan part.... i though it was so cute :)

This is the last one for today, I hope you all had an amazing day/night. I hope you all know that you are loved, you are beautiful and you all deserve the world.

Thank k you for all the love e and support on this story it really makes me happy to see that other like my writing :)

Have a wonderful rest of your day/night ~M