Episode 4-Lullaby at Dawn

As the groups walked back into the living room and took their seats, they noticed that kage was frowning. "What's wrong mr kage?" Filo asked. "You'll see." He answered as he glanced at naofumi and motoyasu.

The episode started with the city at night as people walked toward the castle.  The king was hosting a celebration for the heroes for stopping the wave. (He was mainly praising the three of course). Fancy food was spread out and musicians of all kind were playing their best tunes. 

The king was overlooking it all with a proud smile. "Thanks to our heroes, the battle was splendidly won. And tonight we celebrate!" He lifted a glass of wine. "Enjoy yourselves to the fullest!" Members of the party, including itsuki and ren lifted their glasses in cheers. While others were chatting amongst themselves, naofumi was sitting by a window, not caring for the festivities. 

Naofumi, Raphtalia, The heroes, trash and bitch suddenly remembered this day. This was they day motoyasu and naofumi duked it out. Trash and bitch smirked as they remembered seeing naofumi falling into despair. But then realized how that demihuman snapped him out of it.

The three heroes whispered to motoyasu to pay attention when the fight comes. Naofumi looked at raphtalia, remembering what she did for him and smiled gratefully. She saved him from falling into that endless pit of hate.

"This is ridiculous. I wouldn't even be here if it wasn't for the reward." He thought.

The queen promised him a much better reward when they were sent home. Looking at him, she had a feeling she really wasn't going to like this episode. "You have no idea your highness" Kage thought, also dreading what was to come.

Naofumi deadpanned at the other party members as they praised the heroes(minus poor naofumi). "It's an honor to meet you brave spear hero. You don't happen to have a lover do you?" A young girl asked him.

Literally everyone in the room rolled their eyes at the question.

Myne soon spoke up, stepping in front of motoyasu. "Sir motoyasu has no time for that."

Kage gained a troll-like grin. "Jealous?" 

"Shut up!" Myne yelled embarrassed.

Motoyasu then noticed raphtalia walk by with a glass in hand. He was about to after her but was stopped by myne, who whispered something in his ear.

"I fought with him for nothing. She was completely fine with him." Motoyasu thought ashamed. Hen then braced himself, knowing this was far from the worse.

"Master naofumi, the food here really looks amazing. You sure you don't want something to eat?" Naofumi still looked indifferent but then spoke. "If you wanna eat go ahead." "I'd really like for you to join me." "I'll pass" Raphtalia walked away disappointed.

"I didn't mean to sound like that." Naofumi thought ashamed.

Naofumi flashbacked to the aftermath of the wave as a HELP bar appeared in front of him, telling him that he could teleport his party with him. Raphtalia came back with some cake. "You sure you don't want some food? How about you try a little for me huh?" She offered to which tried to declined but she nearly shoved a small piece in front of him to which naofumi finally relented and had a small bite. he didn't say anthing but he had to admit, it was pretty good.

"That's right. Make you girlfriend happy." Kage teased lightly as raphtalia blushed while naofumi looked confused. "What are you talking about?"

Kage deadpanned at him. "I've seen harem protagonists who are less dense then you." Kage thought.