Episode 8-Curse Shield

After answering the girl's chapter for what felt like an eternity, the four went back to the room to continue. The girls were giggling in glee while kage's face was bright red from that whole ordeal.

"Now that that's out of the way, we move on to our next cause of disaster: Ren". Said hero looked up at the god. "What do you me-Oh, I see. That village huh?" the sword hero asked, already knowing the answer. "Exactly, as well as naofumi unlocking something dangerous."

Naofumi looked at his shield. He knew exactly what he was talking about and braced himself.

The episode started with raphtalia and filo sleeping peacefully by a campfire while naofumi was in the cart working on something. he looked down at his work with a small satisfied smile. He walked out and took raphtalia's wrist and checked to see if what he made her would fit: A golden bracelet. And for filo: a golden hairclip

Raphtalia and filo smiled and looked at their respective gifts. Naofumi on the other hand, had that same satisfied smile.

"Ah, a present for your wife and daughter" motoyasu teased.

"Don't start jackass" naofumi yelled, his face threatening to turn pink again.

As naofumi went to do the same for filo, the girl in question woke up, but she wasn't completely awake. "What's wrong master? Can't you get to sleep tonight?" Naofumi responded quietly as to not wake raphtalia. "I just came to check on the two of you. Go back to sleep." "OK. Good night master. Thank you for checking up on us. See you tomorrow" "Yea, good night." Thankfully, naofumi hid the hairclip behind his back to keep it a surprise.

"Your real intention aside, that was sweet of you." Mirellia said with a soft smile.

Naofumi nodded in thanks while the two girls smiled at their master's kindness. He actually smiled back for once. Thanks to them, he was slowly becoming more and more like his old self.

Kage looked on at the three silently. "With that kind of loyalty among them, I personally believe the slave crest was unnecessary. But whatever, it was raphtalia's choice. I wonder if filo would be willing to surrender that crest." 

The three heroes looked on as well. Despite what they've done to him, his compassion wasn't completely gone, especially when it came to those two. They could learn something from him.

Naofumi then stood up and looked towards the mountains: the village that was sick from a strange plague. And soon, the intro played.

As the opening played, naofumi remembered what happened this day. The day he awakened the curse shield. He could still hear that's dragon's voice, taunting him, trying to get him to give into his hatred.

Raphtalia and filo grasped his hands. He squeezed them both, silently telling them he's here and he's still ok. The girls hugged him anyway, letting him know they'd be there for him. Something he'd forever be grateful for.

The next morning the trio got ready to head out. They stopped as they saw a old lady and a child, panting from exhaustion. The screen cut to an empty pot of soup as naofumi made them something to eat.

The trio hoped the two were doing alright. Exhausted didn't even begin to describe them.

Ren looked on in guilt. These two were exhausted running from their home because of him. "I'm so sorry." The stoic hero's eyes were full of regret.

The two spoke up. "You folks would do well to turn back while you can. If you keep going forward on this path, you'll die." The two spoke with dullness in their eyes. Naofumi soon spoke up. "We heard there's a village down this path." The old lady spoke up, sadness and a hint of fear in her eyes. "The village is devastated. Even the village elder got sick with the plague."