CHAPTER 18

GABRIEL'S POV:

"Tumaas lang naman ang temperature niya dahil siguro sa pagkabasa niya ng ulan. Dahil na rin siguro sa pagod kaya siya nahimatay. Hindi naman masyadong malala ang lagay niya. Kailangan niya lang mag-pahinga at uminom ng gamot para maibsan ang lagnat niya."

My forehead creased because of the voice I heard. My eyes are closed but I can feel my body is lying on a soft foam. I was about to open my eyes when I felt the light in my eyelids that's why I kept them close and adjust a bit.

"Thanks, doc."

I badly want to open my eyes when I heard a familiar voice but my eyes hurt. Maybe because of crying. As far as I remember, that was the only thing I did before everything went black.

I heard the door opened and closed. I guess, the doctor already left. That's when I tried to open mg eyes. Bahagya pa ulit akong nasilaw sa liwanag ng ilaw na nandidito kaya agad kong iniharang ang kanang kamay ko.

"What the fuck are you thinking!?"

I almost jump because of Gabbie's shout. I slowly put my hand at its position earlier and looked at her. Her eyebrows are furrowed and her face is a bit red.

"Do you wanna die!?" she shouted again that's why I moved my head away a bit.

"What?" I pouted.

"What?" she mocked me making my lips pout even more. "You almost burry yourself in Tala's grave! And fuck, it was raining! What were you thinking!?" galit na usal niya.

"Come down, Gabbie. Let me explain." I said in a calm way. She just shrugged before shaking her head. "Come here." I said and patted the side of my bed.

I tried to hide my smile when she did what I said and sat beside me. Her face is still frowning and her cheeks are red. Wow! Is she that mad? Haha.

"Stop frowning, Gabbie." I tried to contain my laugh but I can't. My sister looks so cute.

"Shut up! Just do your thing!" she said in an irritated way. "What happened!?" she asked.

I stopped laughing but my smile did not fade. "Well..." I didn't where to start. "I don't know..." the smile that I am wearing is now bitter. "I just found myself, storming out of the company. Driving my car as fast as I could. And then...ayun." nagkibit-balikat na lamang ako dahil hindi ko alam kung ano ang idudugtong ko roon. "But, what are you doing here, by the way?" I asked because I am confused.

"What do you mean?" nakangiwing tanong niya. "And why are you asking? Didn't you just said that you are going to explain?" mataray na aniya.

I sighed. "I already did, Gabbie." I said.

"'Yon lang 'yon?" lukot ang mukhang tanong niya.

"What do you want me to say, then?" I asked her. "Para mai-explain ko sa'yo." dagdag ko pa.

"Bakit ka nagmamadaling umalis sa kumpanya kanina?" dagliang tanong niya.

"Because I am going somewhere." I answered.

"Was that really important that you have to drive more than fifty kilometers per hour?"

"Mm—wait, what?" I looked at her with confusion. How did she know that!?

"I followed you, duh!" she said before rolling her eyes. I can't believe it! "I saw you, walking at the parking lot. Your face looked like it was rubbed on the floor, that's why I followed you."