CHAPTER 44

THYLANE'S POV:

Few weeks later..

After the celebration, everything went great. Gabriel and I decided to live at the same place, in his condo. Wala namang umangal sa amin dahil sabi nga nila mom, matanda na kami. At kaya na naming mag-desisyon para sa sarili namin. Tinulungan niya akong mag-impake ng iilang gamit at inilipat iyon sa condo niya. Hindi ko naman kasi kailangang dalhin ang lahat ng gamit ko ro'n.

The first week of living in his condo was really nice. I sleep with him every night and wale up with him beside me every morning. He'll cook some food, and pamper me all day then, we'll end up making love in the bedroom. I think, we spent the most time in his bedroom. Well...we do that everyday because I still don't have work.

But when another week came, I was so exhausted. I have to go back to work because I have a company to handle and a hospital to manage plus, I have patients that needs to be cured or fixed or whatever. It felt so different when I started working again. I have to leave his condo unit, check the patients if they're okay, stay at the office if I'm in the company, sign some contracts, review papers, a lot! That's why I just wanted to sleep whenever I'm going home. But everytime I see Gabriel waiting for me, he brings all my energy back.

"Hey.." I looked up and saw Gabriel, entering the room. This is actually his office inside the condo when he's still working. Ngayong wala na siyang trabaho...ako na ang gumagamit. Hehe.

"Hi.." I smiled and looked at my laptop again, finishing some important work.

"Busy?" he asked and stood up beside the desk.

"Not really. I'm just...finishing something." I said while keeping my eye focused on the laptop.

"Work?"

"No."

"What is it?"

"It's about your case.."

After I answered, he went silent. I didn't get any response after that. Nagtataka akong nag-angat ng tingin sa kaniya. Nangunot ang noo ko ng makita kong kakaiba ang ekspresyon niya.

"Hey.." dudugtungan ko pa sana 'yon pero nag-ring ang phone ko. I picked the phone up and saw Gideon calling. "Wait a second." I told Gabriel before standing and walking away to answer Gideon's call. "Hello?"

[Everything's done, Tala.] he said and my eyes widened.

"What?"

[Gabriel's case is already dismissed. You don't have to worry about anything.] ani Gideon.

Napamaang ako at naiwang nakanganga habang nakatingin sa kawalan. I didn't know what to say!

"H-how did you do that?" hindi makapaniwalang tanong ko. "I-I mean, how did that happened? Parang masyado namang mabilis yung proseso?" sunud-sunod na tanong ko.

Gideon chuckled. "Well, it looks like you've forgotten who your bestfriend is, huh?" nagmamayabang na aniya.

I rolled my eyes. "Tss.." I said and he laughed again.

"I filed some papers to dismiss the case before you could even do it." he confessed and my eyes widened. I didn't know he did that! And I never thought he would do that!

"K-kailan ka nag-file?!" gulat na tanong ko.

"Last december. That was actually my gift for you and I was about to tell you but then you grabbed the bottle of wine and drank half of it." Gideon said and laughed. Natawa rin naman ako dahil doon. "Then you stormed out of the house that's why I did not got the chance to tell you."