Chp 22 A Precious Memory

[Yuta POV]

"Kelp!" Toge cried out while trying to run off from my grip.

I had no choice but to take him to the nursery room. We did passed by Megumi's room and was surprised to see Noritoshi and Nobara having a conversation in the hallway.

"What a pleasant surprise" I said while letting go of Toge's wrist.

Toge didn't leave my side but peeked over the mirror-seeing Gojo giggling over Megumi that were sitting up on his bed.

Megumi woke up. I'm glad.

"Don't go in there Toge" Noritoshi said while smiling.

Toge nob while Noritoshi's smile starting to fade away.

Something went wrong and I can tell by Nobara's sniffing-she's crying.

"What's wrong?" I asked.

Its been a while since I talked to anyone or even ask a question. I wasn't a fan of making friends but Toge and I were different-his like a little brother to me.

He understands me and I can't stop myself from watching over his clumsiness.

"Megumi...he lost his memories about all of us" Noritoshi said with his dry voice.

I looked over at Toge rushing towards Nobara and gave her a hug, that's adorable and it was nice of him.

"Might take some time for him to recover his memories" he continued while looking at the mirror.

"About Nanami's injury, do you think it's true that it has nothing to do with Sukuna?" I asked.

I can't trust that wicked, nasty-cursed King that hunts us all. It pains me that I haven't yet planned something to end this misery by killing him myself.

Toge then suddenly pulled on my sleeve gently, giving me that 'let's give them some space' signal.

I smiled at him and once again held on his hand.

Nobara looked over us and started to look like she felt better just by looking at us-caring for each other.

"Do excuse us" I said while stealing Toge from Nobara.

But Noritoshi stopped me by placing his palm on my shoulder. We stared at each others raging eyes and I can tell he doesn't like what he sees.

I can feel his jealousy and hatred.

His the same height as me but I titled my head higher, raising my eyebrows at him without saying a word.

But he let out a small smile.

"Gojo is truthly proud that you had returned , that's all I'm saying but...don't bring any of your troubles around here alright?" he said in a whisper.

Toge didn't seem to hear that and even Nobara too-well she's wasn't paying attention.

But who cares when Noritoshi did talk shit about me?

I smiled because I manage to swallow my demons, moving his palm away gently and walk away.

I can tell by Toge's curious eyes, I titled my face aside so he won't figure it out my anger.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

[Toge POV]

His hiding something from me.

He was fine earlier and now he isn't smiling much like he used to.

More like a fake smile.

I eventually sat down on the edge of the bed after we reached to the nursery room. I looked over at Yuta opening every closet to look for some ointment.