Chp 39 The Mage And The Tiger

4 hours ago before Nanami handed Gojo the cell phone...

[Nanami POV]

I took a long drive to meet with the elders because I want things settled the right way.

There's many reasons behind for me to take the wheel.

I can't get the kids involved in this even if I said no, they will never listen.

I don't think Sukuna's advice might work but still I'm greatful that his trying.

Yuta's elimination must be stopped.

But one thing nobody knows but only me that make me feel so guilty-

Sukuna's elimination date was included in the list from the elders as well.

Why I consider to see them right now?

"It's tomorrow, Sukuna's deadline is tomorrow" said a girl's voice on my phone.

"That's too soon, wasn't anyone there know how to fix things properly?" I said back while driving in the highway.

This tightening feeling in my chest, the vision of Sukuna's voice echoing in such a harmless way.

Megumi did it, I'm proud of that boy.

And that makes me the villian from hiding his beloved's deadline.

"I'm on my way and remember, never let anyone follow me, not even Gojo, tell him I'll be coming home late from work" I said.

"Better hurry but I do hope they will listen to you, Itadori, that young boy was innocent" she replied in a disappointment tone.

"Yeah...I know, I'll do everything I can to save both of them, Sukuna and Yuji" I exhaled softly.

I can't let the elders take away my family and tear them down just by killing off their love ones.

Even if it makes me a monster-

Come to think of it, why was Sukuna a monster in the first place 3000 years ago?

Does someone make him become one? Or he doesn't have a choice?

If I have a good prove, a 'perfect' one for the elders about Sukuna's not guilty, it will work.

But what was it? I questioned him everything I could but nothing came up.

"I don't quite remember what happened 3000 years ago"

"There's no way I can explain why I'm still alive, I don't even care"

"I have Megumi and I will take care of him but sometimes the world won't let me touch him"

Those are the words he said during our conversation, surprisingly he has given up everything for Megumi.

Clearly wasn't trying to lie or show threatening in his own language because I know a devil when I see one.

And his not entirely like any evil monster I have seen before.

He sound so-human.

That click my head instantly when I thought about how the way Sukuna's looks when he was calmly answering to my questions.

Don't tell me-he knows his about to be eliminated.

That wasn't calm, he just surrender.

I squeezed on my wheels tightly, pressing on the engine, making the sound rage and it drove me faster.