Chp 40 Death Day

[Nanami POV]

I can't bare to see Sukuna's arms in heavy chains walking down the hallway.

So I decided to move my agents to take care of something else.

Sometimes being a liar can help one's soul.

"I forgot my keys, it's in the drawers back at my office, you two get my papers as well" I said calmly.

Two of my agents in black gave a short nob and walked back to the room, leaving just me and Sukuna walking out to the door.

"You really are old, old man, being forgetful like that " Sukuna chuckled while I pulled his chains to follow me.

"You realise what this is aren't you?" I replied while opening my back car door.

"I got bored to live anyway-"

I grip his chains tightly and pulled his whole face against mine close, not holding back my anger.

"Keep lying to yourself, Megumi is waiting for you and you actually though this is funny?!" I groaned.

He let out an unusual smile, then frowned, he looked back up again with a pissed off one.

"You lie to your own as well, do you actually love someone before?"he mumbled.

"What?"

"I guess you don't , then there's no point of me telling you anything" he smirked.

"Ryomen Sukuna! Wake up! Be-a man that Megumi want you to be" I groaned.

Then that softness of his said in a dy voice.

"A monster is not...worthy of his love"

Then I lifted up my hand, but held it down afterwards and pushed him into the back car, getting into the front and drove off.

"Don't do anything foolish in front of the High elders" I said while holding the wheel.

I looked by my front mirror to see Sukuna's expressionless against the side window car,saying nothing back to my question.

"I thought being a king would be loved by everyone" he mumbled.

Then I took a break by the road side and laid back myself from the front seat, taking off my glasses and massage my forehead to get my frustration out.

Because I don't want Sukuna or Yuji to die, I can't do it.

I would consider to be a murderer if I drive to the elders.

"For what I know, Kings are normally good leaders, yes they are loved by their people but it doesn't mean being a king would normally get everyone's trust or same feeling they have for you" I mumbled.

"Why did you stop the car? Second thoughts?" he asked deeply.

"If I let you go, I put Gojo and myself on the line, as well as the kids would be in trouble, that's not happening"

"Selfish jerk" Sukuna chuckled.

"But if I send you to your death wish, Megumi will never trust me again, I'm a murderer"

"No, he would believe you, your doing what the elder's bullshit said so" he groaned.

"Sukuna, here's a last question, do you really want to die?"

Took him a minute to answer but then he said so, those words he said are not common of a word from any cursed monsters I see before.

But like a King's.