Last change ~ chapter-24

A/N : WARNING-- Hold on tight and watch out for your heart it might race away in the chapters to come.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I stood in-front of the big window which was probably  taller than me and admired every snowflake that fell like a shooting star before my eyes. A soft smile on my face and a sense of maturity on my chest.

I was just a few days away from turning into a 22 years young woman, who has grown into a successful model and a business woman who has (Like most people said) a great taste in fashion. But there were still things I wanted to do but couldn't because of the busy life I choose to live.

Three years passed but I didn't set my foot on Indiana. Everything was balanced though, Miles would often come and visit me at holidays or sometimes we would meet up if we were at the same city for work. Ellevi was busy travelling around with the Pastor for healing programs at different countries or places. Mom (Ellevi's mom) usually lived in Indiana for her sweet cafe. Dad (Ellevi's dad) and I lived in the same town but he was usually busy and Drey . . . .  we rarely talked, and I had no idea what he was up to, the only thing I knew about him was that he was still alive and living in Indiana.

But it was only a few days left for my birthday, which means a few days left to reunite with everyone at Indiana.

"I'm so glad you choose to come here. Friendship with another company is great and this is benefiting both the companies a lot and each baby step you are taking is leading ICON into another bigger success", Mr V said with a lot of hand gestures and I could smell some proudness.

"I'm proud of you", he smiled.

         I could smell , he is proud of me.

"It's all because you've taught me well in this few years", I smiled and winked at him as the elevator door opened apart.

Flipping my long black hair which had come down to my chest, along with the strong outfit I wore and the sounds of my heels powered up my confidence and energy to another level.

ICON signed a contract with a company to work together and their products were amazing and an international collaboration would bomb the whole fashion industry, so I agreed, to hold hands for the betterment of each other.

I worked tirelessly day and night for ICON because it was my responsibility and also because of my family who died for it.

Mr Rajveer Khan somehow never left my thoughts even though I cut ties with my tragic past and have moved on, I always wonder why there was so much hatred for us in him only because we were northeast Indians, we are all Hindustani though we look different. India is a diverse country the whole world in one than why is racism lingering around?

~~~

ALL AROUND THE WORLD by Now United playing on my phone and my cloths getting their position in the bag one by one.

"All around the world, all around the world", I sang along when suddenly someone knocked the door of my hotel room.

I received him inside the room, Mr V who was still in his coat suit.

"Kya aapne paiking kar lee hai? (Are you done with packing?)" , he asked in Hindi.

"Haan (yes)", I replied with a grin, "The flight is in some hours"

"I'll be going back to India tomorrow so I won't be able to wish you happy birthday as I'll be busy", he said . "This is for you"

"What is it?" I asked.

"Your birthday gift from me", he replied handing me a box.

Because of his genuine smile reaching his eyes I couldn't deny it.

"Thank you", I said softy and smiled back.

"Open it only on your birthday", he said as he stuffed his hands in his pockets.

"Yes sir!!", I nodded.

He slowly patted my head.

"You've grown up a lot", his eyes looked at me like a proud father looks at his daughter.

Mr V guided me all these years like a father and a good friend and he have always been there for me whenever my family wasn't around. I've always looked up to him.

"Mr V, you must be tired, go and get good rest. And yeah I can go to the airport all by myself. You know I've grown up", I grinned holding the box against my chest.

He took a deep breath and nodded, "Well said. I'll obey you. Take care and have a safe journey".

I gave a thumbs up and nodded and his presence left the room.

 *                           *                             *                               *                        *