Chapter- 9

Korea, the Korea I saw six years back and the Korea I saw that day wasn't the same anymore, place to make ups to fashion everything changed but everything were still cool.

Summer. The summer breeze was the best, the breeze that touched my skin and made my hair fly, the sun that didn't hurt my skin.

"You know what to do right?", Ellevi's voice flew inside my ears along with the wind.

"Yes, Elle, I do, as you taught me", I smiled.

He gave a breathy laugh ."Cool"

Before we took off from the plane, he taught me the basics of Korean culture, though I already knew it, I let him do the brother's job, as he loved to.

Our car took a turn and reached a road, a road less traveled, a road which looked like it'll take you no where, a road not preferred  by travelers yet it has a lot of stories to tell, the road made me feel like many things had happened here yet forgotten by the witness and hidden by the people.

We traveled where the road leaded us and than from a distance I saw a house, more like an ancient Korean house, from one end to the other, from one corner to the other, it took me back to the history.

I stood in front  of the house and observed for a while.

This is where mom had her sweet childhood, where she grew up, she must had a beautiful childhood.

The house was away from the city, less noise, more trees and so much peaceful.

"Ellevi", someone called out.

The moment I heard the voice, my brain reminded  me that I was nervous.

How am I going to interact with my own family, I've never been close with them.

"Oh, hey Jiyoo", Ellevi replied in Korean.

I could understand Korean so well but when I open my mouth to speak Korean, the words turns into ashes. I don't know why. WHY??

A guy came running towards us, openly talking to mom, dad and Ellevi .Jiyoo, Ellevi's friend, our cousin more a friend, I mean his friend. He is the same age as Ellevi yet he look more younger.

"Hi", Jiyoo waved at me with a cute smile on his face but honestly not cuter than Miles.

"Hi, Jiyoo, I've heard a lot about you", I replied.

"And you are Levi no", he chuckled. "I've heard a lot about you too, nice to finally meet you after a long time."

"Nice to meet you too"

"Come on, lets go in and meet, Jiyoo's mom , dad and nevertheless his brother", mom said as she walked towards the gate.

"Yeah, but he is sometimes moody", Ellevi added.

"No, always moody", Jiyoo replied.

"Seriously?", I gave an 'oh no' face.

My grandparents died long ago so mom's brother lived there, the moment I entered the house it smelled like mom, safe.

There was a short table in the middle of the room and on the three corners of the table set Jiyoo's mom, dad and his (moody) brother.

"Oh, you guys are here?", said Mrs Jeong. She had the same face as Jiyoo's, I mean Jiyoo has her face, plumed and pretty, eyes small and gleaming.

"You should have called us, when you reached here", said Mr Jeong.

Ellevi cleared his throat, as I turned to look at him, he was already bowing, than I suddenly got reminded of his Korean culture lessons and instantly bowed.