Chapter-19

"Ellevi, you shouldn't drink, cold drinks, it's cold and I don't want you sneezing around" I stared at him keeping both my hands on my hips.

"Should I add ice cubes?" he smiled.

"Seriously? Elle" I frowned.

"Close the fridge, I'll make you a cup of coffee."

"I'm just kidding, Levi, sorry" and he pushed the fridge door leaving the cold drinks inside.

"I want a little sister. . . . . . right . . . now" Jiyoo snapped in, "Song never, ever, like literally, never made coffee for me."

"NO, NO, NO I know what you are thinking, nope, she is my sister . . . . .  only mine" Ellevi said throwing his arms around my shoulders.

"Did someone call me?" Song walked in with a book in his hand.

"Not only yours, she is my sister too" Jiyoo said staring at Ellevi.

"Song" I smiled, "Want a cup of coffee?" I asked.

Song, after confusingly scanning his brother and my brother who was creating a silly scene behind me, he looked at me with a smile and nodded, "Sure"

~~~

When we welcomed the evening, the sky came so mesmerizingly beautiful just like a painting painted by an artist who was so in love. Golden, red clouds over the hills. The cold wind dancing around me, it felt like something was calling me, a voice within the air.

Song and me, went for an evening walk under the beautiful sky, a part of me wished he was Miles instead. We both remain silent, feeling the coldness was peaceful.

I felt his stare on me or was it just me imagining ? I never knew.

Song suddenly sighed.

"What's the matter Song?" I asked, turning my face towards him.

Half of his lower face was buried inside the muffler, his eyes was on me. I wondered why he never really smiled bright, I've never really seen his  teeth's  all together. Whenever I see him, he always had that look in his eyes, a pitiful look on me, but why?

"Don't you ever wonder what is happening?" he asked.

"Huh?"

"What really happened?" he asked again.

"Wait, I don't get you" I said.

"You...."

Than so suddenly my foot lost balance and my ankle rolled and threw my body. At that very moment a black shinning car was passing by and accidently struck me off my position.

I heard loud car honking inside my mind, I heard voices I've never heard but yet felt so familiar.

"Levi no, we'll be safe"

"Vizo, take her and run"

"I told you to give up, why are you so stubborn?"

"I'll protect my little sister!"

"Why are you doing this"

"I am sorry my children, I failed to give you the best life."

There were voices echoing inside my mind, conversations I've never heard, so many meaningless words running out from the mouths of the people I never saw. But in that mili second before I got hit by a car, while Song was shouting my name, everything paused, the car, Song, the air and time. And it felt like I was there all the time, I was there in the mist of the people when they talked about it, when they were there and when they were gone.