Chapter-13

Prom.

For some days of my life, all I saw was roses, girls saying yes and some other promposal stuff. Everyone was excited for the day to come, prom. It was totally new to me, because I've never seen environment like that, where young people like us, confess their feelings openly in front of the crowd , and teacher's beautiful reaction after that.

I can never explain how those girls felt at that moment, I am a total stranger to those feelings.

I stood among the crowd, leaning against my locker and witnessing the beautiful promposal happening to a girl.

After it was over, I went to the class and found Miles already seating there.

"Hey", I called out softly.

He slowly looked at me and smiled and than slowly looked away.

"What's going on in that mind?", I asked as I ran my fingers on his hair.

He stared at me for a while and said, "I'll always be the one to drive OK?"

I knew what he was talking about, he didn't want me to face the same thing as Anne did.

"Ok" I nodded.

Miles and Drey were bestfriends long before I came into  their life. They knew each other well and Miles also knew how much Drey loves his sister, this made him worry more than me.

~~~

It was lunch but Drey wasn't present.

"I saw him walking towards the student's parking lot", Ruth said, when she heard us talking about him.

"Oh thanks", I said and ran towards the parking lot followed by Miles.

~~~

(Knock, knock) I knocked at the car window where Drey was on the other side.

As he saw me, he fixed a fake smile and came out of the car.

"Done with lunch?", he asked as he tried to keep up the fake smile.

"No, how do you expect me to digest food when you are not fine", I replied

"I am fine, I am truly fine", he said.

"I am not fine, how can you be", added Miles.

"Don't worry about me guys, it doesn't matter whether I am fine or not, the world will just move on, on its own", he said and walked away. "Guys, prom is just around the corner, get yourself a partner, oh yeah, you guys have each other!!", he shouted.

"I didn't know that he is such a bad actor", Miles said and stared at Drey and I stared at him "Come on we shouldn't let him go out of our sight"

I felt so useless for sometimes because I exactly understood what the people around me was going through, Ellevi, Drey and Miles too, but yet I couldn't do anything literally nothing. My soul was loss nowhere but it wasn't found where it was needed to be found.

For the rest of the day, we lingered around Drey, skipping all of our classes we attended all of his, even soccer, I mean we just set on one corner, and fixed our eyes on him.

~~~

Ellevi was still not home, and the absence of gospel music coming from his room was kind of weird, where there is Ellevi there is music, but that day there was no Ellevi's favorite music playing in turns to calm me down.

I set on the chair and stared at my prom dress hang on the wall which was bought by Ellevi months ago because he was so excited for the prom night instead of me.