Chapter-18

The above picture is a view of Kohima town.

-----------------------------------------------------------

*Drums rolling* Let the fourth change begin.

----------------------------------------------------------

I wonder how she does it, like, I know Miles is handsome and he was popular at school and he didn't care about his popularity and that fact attracted girls more, so that's the reason why she was obsessed with him but she said she loved him, but how? How can she just jump off to another guy, yeah I'm glad she did at least I could assure myself that he is safe. 

Lily started dating another guy and yeah she is still the same but I wonder how she could just stop feeling for someone she truly loved, I can't.

I'm happy she have moved on now and I'm happy things are different now, things like just exchanging smiles at the hallway or at lunch and nothing more, we stopped talking too, getting back to strangers were just the easiest thing that worked out well between us.

"Could you just stay?"

Miles was helping me out for packing my stuff but I guess it was more like stopping me from going.

"I already told you Miles, its been so long, I haven't been to my home town and I miss it so much" I replied with a soft smile.

"Just for the winter right?" he asked as he tried to eye contact with me.

"Yes, just for the winter, I'll be back next semester" I chuckled softly, "You look like a kid begging for your favorite candy."

"Yes, I want my candy to stay" he replied

I set beside him and threw my arms around his shoulders, "Sorry Miles, you have to spend the Christmas without me, love."

He suddenly pulled me closer and kissed me, "I don't wanna miss you"

"You have to experience it though."

I never thought I could love someone as much as I love Miles, I never thought my tiny heart had the capacity to give out so much love. Yes, I love you and you know who 'you' mean.

~~~

Hours went by so fast, I didn't feel like it was fair. On my way back home I started missing my other home and Miles, it was just too soon but I did.

It was winter but there was no snow in my sweet home town Kohima, it was just the cold wind freezing the bare parts of our body.

"Did you miss it?" Ellevi asked, we were home and the neighborhood and the streets were all light up for Christmas, except for our house which any human being didn't breath in for almost three years.

I nodded and smiled.

"Levi no" a familiar voice called out.

As I turned towards the source of the voice, I felt a different happiness in me.

"Apau" I shouted as I ran towards her to give her a tight hug.

           My dear best friend.

I was so happy to meet my best friend, even though we didn't contact each other much after I left for America but we were still the same.

Apau was my best friend ever since fifth grade, after I moved away from Korea, she always stayed by my side in any situation.

"I missed you sooooo... much" she expressed.

"I missed you too a lot" I replied with a grin.

"So how was life, how was America, how was everything?" she started asking.