(Flashback) part~2

Days passed by than weeks and than months. The vacation in LA seem longer than long, it seems like we were making a home away from home but it never felt like home, because things weren't the same anymore, things were darker, and as every minute passed by I got sadder and sadder.

Mom and Dad were always worried behind those happy faces, I knew it because eyes never lie. Vizo painted a beautiful painting  everyday, sometimes more than one a day, he always smiled when he painted but within those vacation days he stopped smiling and his paintings changed, his paintings portrait his feelings and just like me, he got sadder day by day, his paintings got darker day by day and the beautiful lavender colour faded away.

I turned six and than seven and than eight but I never made a single friend at school, I'd spend all my times with my brother Vizo and he did the same. I watched and watched as his paintings got darker and with that my cheerful soul left my side.

Mom worked as a stylist but the things that she loved to do never made her happy again.

Everyone missed home but no one came up with going back home.

As Vizo grew up, girls started to have crushes on him but he'd ignore it by saying, "Those girls are wasting their time on someone who'll soon go away". He always hoped to go back home no matter what happens, he always murmured to himself while he was painting saying he'll go back home no matter how much time it takes, Vizo never considered LA as his home, never , and so did I.

Ever since that day dad said we were going on a vacation, something was wrong and nothing have been right ever since that day. The household became less cheerful and more fear in the air, birthdays, Easters , thanksgivings and Christmas became less special. Mom and Dad tried so hard to give us normal, happy days but every minute passes by we get older and as we get older we become more aware of the people we love.

I was covered under the shell but I knew that everything was not right outside the shell.

Despite all the things that were gradually changing, on thing never changed, our faith in God. We were active at chruch and we never missed any sunday services.

Than oneday my sunday school teacher told us about the upcoming Bible camp, and my parents were supportive about it, taking it as a chance to let me and my brother socialize and make new friends but my brother refused to go and me, to make my parents happy I agreed to attend the camp.

~~~

After I came back from the Bible camp I changed, the fear and sadness I had deeply mixed in my soul were replaced by something else, I was happier. I had a lot of good times, met a good friend I felt different for, a good friend I didn't wanna part ways with. But everything was over, the camp was over and I got back home, I was suppose to be happy but I didn't wanna breathe in that air of fear again.

"How was camp, did you  learn anything?" Vizo asked as I watched him paint.

"It  was so much fun, you should have come too" I replied.

"I'm fine, so any new friends?" he asked again

"AMmm mm" I chuckled, "Yea, a good friend"

"Ohhhh, might be a special friend, judging by the way you said" he smiled.

Than I realized we talked older than our age, I was just eight and he was twelve.

"Oh! Ya, you learnt how to drive?" I asked, he smiled and nodded yes.

"Like, that's great, how can you be so smart brother" I said amazed by him.

"Age is just a number, we need to keep ourselves ready to face the world" he said

Than we started hearing loud noises coming from down stairs, the sounds were not normal so we ran down as fast we can.

"Dad!" Vizo shouted.

There was a man with a mask on his face, wearing all black, he was tall and huge, he was attacking mom and dad. There were bloods on the floor and for a moment I froze and couldn't believe my own eyes, it felt like my heart was dropped into my stomach, I couldn't hear anything and my breath was getting slow and deep.

Dad, no matter what, he was trying to defend but everytime he was thrown away because he was not really a huge man.

"Take her and run" Mom shouted, "And do what I said"

And than suddenly, Vizo pulled me and I followed him upstairs, I couldn't speak a word, I was struck numb by fear.

He packed our stuff. . . . . . he did the same, just like he did the last time we ran from home. He knew the reason behind the changes in our lives, he knew why we needed to run, he knew everything and he was always ready.

"Wait!" I shouted as we reached the car, "We need to save mom and dad" and I started to run back in, but his speed was faster than mine and within a second he pulled the back of my sweater.

"No, don't go in Levi" he said softly.

I turned around and asked, "Why? Are you scared?"

He stared at me, grabbing my shoulders with his hands, he said with tears in his eyes, "He'll kill us, that man will kill us, because he want ICON, he want what belong to us and if we die, mom and dad's dream will die with us, so we need to run"

I started to cry, seeing tears in his eyes was so painful, "Than, mom and dad? What if they die?" I asked

"They won't, God will be there, but mom said if I die, there will be no one to protect you in the future, so I choose to run" he replied.

"I don't want them to die" I hugged him tight wiping my tears on his shirt.

"I don't want them to die too but we need to obey our parents, they know better" and he pulled me inside the car.

Mom and Dad came running out of the house before my tears even dried out. Dad was bleeding and mom couldn't walk properly but their hands were interlocked together, still in love.

That is what true love is, fighting together, living together and even willing to die together. The love between my parents were the reason why I loved myself.

"Are you ok mom, dad?" Vizo asked as they got inside the car.

"Yes, we are, I'm happy you both are safe" Mom replied.

"Say goodbye  to whatever you had here, we are never coming back" Dad said, starting the ignition and drove away.

"Are we going back home?" Vizo asked.

"NO, not now" Dad replied.

I silently watched our house disappear out of my sight, there was not much good memories but it was sad to know that Vizo was leaving behind all his art works and I. . . . .  I was sad that we were never coming back  because it meant that I was never gonna meet that boy from the camp again.

"Where are we going than?" I asked.

"South Korea" Dad replied.

*                    *                    *                    *