Chapter- 25 (part 3)

It's been some days after I found out about Drey and I am still trying my best to convince myself to mentally prepare for what is expected to come.

Drey was acting all normal and strong though he lie on his bed in pain. He says he is fine but his face says something else.

"I'm sorry for making you do the things I need to do, but you know I have to stay by his side", I said to Me V on the phone.

Mr V was handling all the works and he needed my hand but I choose not to go back because Drey needed me more, because I didn't want to regret again.

"Not a problem Levi. You have me here to do things but no one is there to be you . . . . . ok ok  I have a lot of work to do . . .  Take care Levi", his voice echoed and the call ended.

He didn't give me a chance to thank him and tell how much I love him because he'll get emotional and his works will be delayed. Mr V loved me as his very own daughter, he was the only one who witnessed my life starting from my father's , and he was the one who knew all of the back stories of my family's death, that's the reason why he could understand me from the depths of his heart.

I took a deep cold breath and smiled, thanking God for creating a wonderful person like Mr V.

The snow engulfed the view as white as the heaven I imagined in my head, but it would have been better only if Drey was fine and healthy.

 I walked through the hospital hallway wishing I could reach Drey's room faster. Hospitals are where people heal and people suffer, and people die, it is also a place of joy, sorrow and agony. Hospitals gives out different feelings for different people and for me, it was never a place I'd want to be, I don't know how I feel about a hospital but I always wish not to be around it.

"Yes, Yes". I heard Miles voice on the other side of the door and before I could touch the knob, the door swung open.

There was Miles, Miles Miller, one hand holding the phone against his ear and the  other hand pulled me, he gave me a kiss on my forehead, "An important call", he said and walked away leaving me behind him.

Ahhh!! Can't stop loving this human.

As I gathered all of my attentions and walked inside the room, my eyes met those blue ones.

"Everyone is busy making their future and I'm here getting ruined by this ugly, uninvited cancer", Drey scoffed.

He set on the bed with the hospital attire on, pale skin and eyes loosing it's shine day by day.

"How are you feeling Drey?", I asked as I pushed my butt on the chair beside his bed.

"What do you expect a cancer patient to feel", he replied, his lips creating a straight line.

I instantly regret asking him that. I guess him being depressed was worst than his motivated side.

"Levi, I'm just feeling a little more reality today", he said when he noticed that I was wordless.

"Are you sad?", I asked holding his hand.

"Yes, I'm feeling sadder than the other days. The treatments are not working and . .. . .  and I can feel death getting closer and closer", tears started to shake out of his ocean blue eyes. "I-I didn't wanna die . . ..  but I guess this was all fate had for me. It gave me up".

 I saw his face and I wanted to cry but I didn't because I needed to be strong. For him. For my friend.

Don't cry Levi, Miles told you not to.