Chapter- 28

Drey left us on a cold snowy evening because of liver failure. His blue eyes  were shut forever and it broke my heart that I'll never be able to see them again. My heart couldn't accept that he was gone until I stood in front of his grave.

          He is too young to fall asleep forever.

He left us a letter which goes... : My dear bestfriends, thank you so much for just being apart of my short lived beautiful life. I know I'm gonna get decreased into the ground very soon and it wouldn't be fair if I don't leave you a letter. This is the first and last time I write a letter to anyone and I have no idea how it'll go. Levi no Solo and Miles Miller please let me go if you are still holding onto me because I don't want you to be stuck with memories of me forever. I'm so scared to die but this is what fate has chosen for me, but now death is the only way to take my pain away. Stop crying for people who are gone. We've all had a tough journey. I'm gonna miss you guys so much, I'm gonna miss soccer, I'm gonna miss Mrs Solo's rice cake and her home made Korean food, I'm gonna miss mom, dad and hanging out with Ellevi, I'm gonna miss my good friends and Ruth and Lily. I'm gonna miss everything that ever happened to me. But don't worry iIll be there to hunt you. I love you so much, until we meet at the judgement day. Your dearest friend. Drey Davis.

At the funeral I saw everyone, possibly everyone who took part in his life. His school friends, teachers, family. It was as if his whole world came together in a room to wish him goodbye.

His parents stood there, childless. Their oldest daughter left them too soon and now they are at their younger son's funeral. How far life could go for tragedy? Now they are left only with their memories, hopes all scattered, no grandchildren to see, and they are now where a generation stops.

Mr Wang came with his family. His wife and a daughter.

"What is your name, beautiful girl?", I asked his daughter.

"Sofia", she replied with her adorable voice.

"Hello Sofia, I am Levi no", I offered a hand shake. She shook my hand and gave a shy smile, just like  how Mr. Wang smiled. Looking at her I wished her life doesn't turn out to be like mine, I wished she meet all the good people and lead a life better than anyone.

~~~

After some weeks of his death, it was about time we move on with our lives. I had to go back home and Miles had to move to LA to pursue  his dream, but before that we decided to visit Drey.

The snow has already gone with him, though it may come back next winter Drey would never come back again.

"Hey, how are you doing? I know flowers aren't your thing but I bought some for you. Say hi to Anne for us. We are doing fine Drey, aren't you coming to hunt us?", Miles laid the flowers above the grave and wiped his tears. "I bought your car too, he has been in your garage for long since no one is there to ride him, so I borrowed it for a while but you know you always drive better than me. I miss you so much."

"I'm going back to India to become ten times more successful but don't worry I'll come to visit you, and Miles is going to LA to be a photographer just like you wanted. We'll live our life to the fullest", I said.

I pulled out my handkerchief and gave Miles whose eyes were filled with tears.

"Here, don't cry for the same reason again, Drey is somewhere better, alright?"

He nodded.

"Take care Drey, we'll get going."

"Goodbye", Miles said and we walked away holding hands.

See you there, Drey Davis.

*              *                *                  *              *              *               *                 *