Princess of Lies

Chapter 22:
Princess of Lies

"Darling, am I too much for you?  I think the three of us being permanent is the best way to handle this.... relationship, wouldn't you agree, Pacific?" Zen turned to me and made this expression that was the funniest I ever seen on him, but it was only because of what Miza said.

"Ooo...kaaay, I am leaving!" He raised up his arms and was about to leave.

"Pffff I think I am too much to handle, wouldn't you agree, Kaisa?" I shook my head.

"Stop being ridiculous.  Zen," I turned to the prince, "What is it?  I gotten to know whenever you have something on your mind you just..." It hard to explain.  It kinda with his expression and ways he looks at me and acts....

"What?" He shook his head," No, I really do not.  I am just thinking about something.  But I prefer not to bother you with everything I know, I mean it quite stressful.  And your poor mind does not need to know about something like that." I narrowed my eyes.

Uhuh.

"It's bad..." Miza whispered besides me.  I nodded in agreement.

"You honestly think I believe that.  We can go somewhere else without my stupid butler, if that helps!" I smile while knocking Miza on the head.

"Heyyy!" He groaned, "I am right here!"

"I know!" I laughed while following Zen out.  "So.... What is it?"

"I told you," He rubbed his face, "It is nothing.  Nothing!" I stared at him.

I did not believe him.

Not at all.

"And I am the legendary mermaid descended from your kingdom's original princess.  You may be good a fooling others, but not me." I laughed, "I know all!  I see all!" I exclaim raising my arms.

"Is that so..." He seems really down.  I am worried for him.

"Hey are you okay?!  I am serious, you are worrying me!" I really do not know what happen.  One moment he was happy and kissing me and then Miza came in and after that....he...he.. Sometime in the middle of that conversation he thought of something that got him all down.

"Look...I...It weird to talk about this with you." He finally said.  What is weird?  Nothing you say is weird, I always try to understand in one way or another.  I try to comfort you as a friend...as more than a friend.  

"Hey...hey...hey...Zen, you have to understand, I always try to comfort you and make sure you are alright in the things you are going through.  But please open up, I trust you and I thought you trusted me, but I..." I sighed.  "I help you whatever it is as your friend..."
         I saw his expression change when I said friend.  He really does not like being called that. "...or even as more than that said friend." I whispered. "..I help you get through it. Together, me and you."  Then Zen looked a little better and reassured.

"I...I am being forced to desire before I reach 16-000 meris!" My eyes widened.  I knew how hard it was for him.  He does not want to be forced into something especially when he not ready.

 I mean he kind implied before if he ever ready, he would like for it to be me.  He also hates the fact that I wait for however long he needs.

But what is a relationship without patience and some sacrifices?

Well the ones in some books at least talk about that.

"Zen...I..It cannot be.  They should really respect you and what you want!  That just really irks me!  They should do what beets for you, not what they want!  Who cares about all this looking good for the kingdom..."
         I began swimming in circles. "Ugh, why do they never get it?" I then looked at Zen whose expression has turned into a slight smile.