Prince of Siblings

Chapter 3:
Prince of Siblings

"You are back!" She exclaimed as her eyes lit up examining me. "Wait....Why is it that you look older than before? Or is it that you have been avoiding me, Mivo!"

"Mina...." I frowned slightly as we both head down the halls. "We been over this. I would spend every day and every hour with you if I could..." I sighed, "I would spend eternity by your side only with you, but I have to study. I am going to be the crowned and that means I have to be prepared.  Look these precious moments are what matter and we will do everything we can to make it last."

"Mivo!" She grinned. "When I age I want be just like you." I looked up in surprise.

"I do not know if you want that..."
I would prefer if she did not or she would face much hardships.

"Yes! I do. You the best merphan ever!" She giggled and had brightness on her face.   She did remind me of Isa.  I wondered if they met, would they get along? Or would they never, for being too fairly similar? "Hey can you tell me about your journey?"

"I gone there once before several months back.  But you have to go there sometime.  The scenery was so beautiful.  I am sure you could imagine it.  Oh you would not believe it.  There were shops in rows with mermaids singing and dancing for what seemed all day. Mina, it was beautiful there.  I mean Kimoshei is wonderful, but there is a different kind of wonderful. It was filled with lightfish and life filled everywhere you looked.  Mother and Father you know, they had me go to the mansion of royals. They had me studied there and learn about country affairs to get along with....But I am sure that bores you." I sighed thinking of that girl.
As much as she was a friend to me.
I was slightly stilled annoyed what she said before, even though some of it was true.
"Mina, there was a girl there. I do not know why I am telling you this, but she was so annoying. She kept asking me questions and arguing with everything I told her. She was unbelievable. They all seemed to have an odd expression on their faces. I did not understand what. Was it common there? It was like...an emotion? Mina I heard of things called emotions they say if you spent too much time with certain things you develop them. Sometimes it is fake while other times it is not." Even as I spoke she was intrigued with everything I said.

"Really?  Tell me more." Mina clapped her hands, quite interested.

"That all happened last time I went and this time...Well that girl....You know that mermaid who is so annoying. I do not completely mind her.  Even though we agreed to never speak of the dispute, I wish she will apologize.  She clearly does not know who my parents are. She practically insulted them. But she did something surprising the way she acts and all. Her eyes lit up when she talked about something she knew. She was not completely stupid. She actually was good as singing and danced with everyone she saw." I recalled when I was leaving I thought I saw her singing and what seemed to be dancing.  "It was sunset you see and she did the traditional sunset singing and dancing. She actually...." I breathed in, "..She kinda reminded me of you. If you both met I am sure you both be the bestest of friends."

"I do not like her." I blinked.  Mina does not like someone?  Sense when?  "If Mino hates her than so do I."

I shook my head, "Oh Mina I..." But my proudness and ego got the best of me.  She was annoying disagreeing with me. "Well I do not like her.  She is annoying.  She just gave me a slight reminding of you."

"Me?" She frowned.  "No way.  We are not the same...Mivo I spent all day with Azurine.  She calls me by my full name, Miracine.  Why does she only do that?"

"Mina, I honestly do not have the answers for that.  You should know I call everyone a shortened version of their names."

"Oh...Well she told me interesting stories.  I think they called merphtales or something like that.  There were interesting stories."

"Oh really?"

"Yep!" She hummed.  "This one was about a prince being tricked to be turned into a blobfish.  And the only way he could return to his prior form was if a mermaid princess could kiss him!  Wow.. That is just romantic, right?"

"If you think so... I sure would not want to kiss a blobfish." I stated matter of factly.

"You are such a downer with romance.  Someday you will have to...And it is be closer than I have to." Since when did my sister care about this?  How long has it been since I last spoke and had a full fledged conversation with her?  "Come on there got be someone you want?"

"Want?" I raised my eyebrow.

"Or whatever it is called."

"It is desired one Mina and I am to inform you I am most likely going to be arranged.  I probably get to choose from a few, but still arranged." I shrugged as I looked down.

"Arranged?  But why...." My sister exclaimed, "That is absolutely terrible!  Not out of love or likeness? Just because it is forced?" Mina frowned.

"Mina...It is normal and it been going around for millennias.  Most crowned ones do it." She frowned.

"I would not want to." She crossed her arms.  I was amused at her reaction.

  "Well....You could ask our parents.  Hey maybe if they are in a good mood and you done well in things, they might allow you to choose." I joked, but she looked at me a nodded intensely.  I hope she did not think I was serious.  "So the story continue..." I pressed on as I rest the back of my hand on my cheek.

"So anyway in the story the young princess was swimming around when she met him and the blogfish desperately cried for her to let him stay with her and the princess solemnly agreed." I had a feeling that desperately and solemnly was used in the story.  She never uses those words really.  "Soon they did everything together and became friends and it was not until she kissed him on the cheek that he turned back and then..... He explained to her what happened and they became desired at once!" I curved my lip.
She was something else.

"Well...That was over the top cliche.." Mina starred at me and shook her head.

"So tell me about desired ones?" Why was she interested in this?  She way too young anyways  being 7-2-7-4 meris.

"Why, you interested?" I teased.  Hey eyes widen and started laughing hysterically.

"Mivo!  I just curious about it.  I do not know a thing about it and you obviously know, knowing about everything."  Well she does have a point, I had to know about every subject and thing ever happened.

"Mina..." I said slowly,  "There are plenty of things you do not know about.  Besides you are too young and if there was someone, I would snap his neck in two until he proven his worth." Nobody would ever hurt my sister.

"....You are funny!" She started laughing.
I kinda wish she was not.  I was being serious and I have no idea what His and Her Majesty would do if they saw her being like that.

"I am serious.  Whatever happens I will be here for you.  And you will always rest aside here and be safe with me.  You do not know what is out there.  Of the other merphans, and some are not good to be around.  They are bad, but I will protect you.  And even in death I will make sure my spirit will protect you from others.  And if anyone comes to steal you away I will make sure they prove their worth or they face the wrath of me.  I will always have you attention and nobody will be able to divert your attention from me.  And when I am wearing the crown I will make sure you are the second highest and if anyone disregards you...Oh they will be faced with being outcasted." She smiled so dearly and hugged me as if I was the most precious thing as she was mine.
She was my world, my light, what gets me through everything, my little sister, Mina.  And I just afraid the older she gets the closer she be to being 1-2-0-0-0 as the matching meris and 1-5-0-0-0 as the final desired meris.  Maybe I am selfish, but I do not want any mermaid to claim her, to steal her away, to make her want to be with him or her instead of me.

I closed my eyes and we stayed like that as brother and sister until the morning comes.  And I was sure our parents would not mind.  I deserved it, working hard and the council loves me.  But something else flickered in the back of my mind.  That princess from the other kingdom, I did not know why.  I thought of her and I had a feeling I would be seeing her a lot.

...
And I was right.

This chapter was way better than the last and since I spent a couple weeks trying to put the last one out, I am also going to put this one up.  I think I like how the characters act in the first part of this story better than my other book. 

This story is split into parts.  The first part is chapters 1-32 and the prologue does not count sense it is in the very distant future.