Prince of Risks

Chapter 23:
Prince of Risks

'You stupid merphan, how could you do this?' No, I thought as I looked in his arms.  He held a limp and unmovable Isa.  Blood covered her, and I was forced to look.

'It was not my fault.....'

'You left her!  You were suppose to stay and protect her.  But because you were not there, she got hurt.  Spirits and humanics work together and took her out.  And it all your fault.  Your princess is dead!'

'Nooo!' I screamed, but I could only stare as my voice rung out and echoed forever and....forever...and...

"Is it dead?" Erghm, my eyes would not open and I could barely move.

"Nono, look.  It moving, barely.  Besides it took forever getting this young monster just to find out how they grow up.  If it dies all that biting and scratching.  My poor bloody arms!"  Where was I?  I looked around and saw two...
        I gasped.  Humanics!  The memories of a few nights ago refill my mind.

I...I failed.  And Isa, she....she warned me and I.  Argh, it was not right.  Everyone lied about them.  They actually are worse.

I remember going out that night, the sea was clear as dew.  A time like any other when I saw a group of merphans who raved to get their revenge on these humanics. With them I blended in and helped.

"We will fight them and get our revenge.  We will scare them away!  We will reclaim our oceans back for only beings of the sea.  Get out of our world, you intruders!" We all yelled and agreed.  I was to spy on them just waves under the ocean.

"Any sign yet?" I heard a strange voice, but unlike humanics, merphans can understand them completely.

"These monsters are becoming smart, running away.  But we will succeed and get a youngster."

"Mom!  Mom?  Hey has any of you seen my mom?  It about those two who we took in.  I think they are.... half of those monsters.  That girl Munza her hair is naturally dark green.  But they never appear nor do they know.
        Maybe they can help lure out the others."  Demisubphans? What?  I gasped out loud.

These humanics are the ones after us and will see the end.

"Celestial Rivers, your parents are in the laboratory working on equipment to catch those monsters.  They almost done, don't you worry swe- Gah!  Its presence!  It is here!  Everyone get your gear and capture those imbeciles!
             Get your ropes, teeth, hat, everything.  No risks, everything must be exact!"  Then I jumped into the ocean and we got prepared to fight.  But nobody told us how daring and strong they were.

They came like the sea on a fast wave.  They trapped several in seconds shooting out cages or nets.  But I wasn't giving up.  Some ran away in fear, but not me.  I gritted my teeth and ran straight into one, biting and using my magic against it.

         I used a rod of rope from the great seas to wrap around it.  That one begin to sink downwards unmoving before slowly floating upward.  But suddenly something hit my arm.  Some pointy dart....a I grabbed and bit it before it took over.  I heard about these things.  But then into me I was shocked and pierced.
        Never show weakness, I thought.  I still attacked biting and using my magic.  I looked around and everyone else was faced with similar fate, except they were all in ropes.

What?  How could this be?  Of the oceans, why?  Help us succeed!  But nothing changed.  Then several darts, spears, and swords hit me.  I felt drowsy all of the sudden.  I felt ropes and being tied up.  I tried biting them, but I felt slow and tired.  Then nothing.