Prince of Coldness

Chapter 5:

Prince of Coldness

"Mivozene, your highness.  You cannot push yourself."  Her voice was like sweet silk dripping from the lagoon.  She rubbed my back, my neck, and my shoulders.  She drilled her nails into my skin.  She was like a miracle of heaven itself.

"Ahh yes.." I sighed.  This was quite the pleasure I deserved.  This woman.  She was no ordinary merphan.  I laid in the coral reef at the outskirts of my kingdom.  "Oh the oceans." 

I thought of the past 365 meris.  It been way worst and even since the council was proud His Majesty thought better of me.  But that mean I should known better for certain mistakes.  I barely was able to move for days and weeks that I hid away studying.  I did not even go to different mermaid countries at all.  And I had to admit it, but maybe I kinda....Missed Isa.  I would never admit it to anyone.  I have not seen her in 1011 meris.  And when I just turned 10-000 meris, I wanted to see her, but no that was not the plan and my father scowled me for thinking to go to other countries.
How am I suppose to  know what to do and what not to do right in that moment?
How am I suppose to know his mood?
It been so worst.  Then one day after being in pain for two weeks I needed to get out and something or someone to take my anger out.  I was just frustrated and just done with it.  I was seriously in bad shape.  My shoulder killed me, it was as if it was dislocated but way worse.  Oceans, there was a deep purple gash along it.  I went out that one time and I ran into some coral reef forest and met this merphan.  She helped me recover by draping me into a tub filled with cool, but bubbly warm water.  She also do something with her fins, but every time I ask about she just smiles and plays koi.  She would just make me at ease.  She had a killer white hair and nails sharp as thorns.  I did not really know much abut her and that was fine.

"You need to be at ease.  This is serious!  You could get yourself killed." She squeezed my shoulders extra hard.

"Oww...Erm..  Too much?  Look, Izzi I am trying but how in the great oceans am I suppose to know what he is feeling and what is appropriate at the right time?  I am literally am suppose to guess and hope for the best." I raised my hand in the air.  Oh.  Ohhh.  "Ohhh do not stop.  This is heaven...Great Oceans...Ohh.  Amazing.  That is right!  Right there."

"I know it must feels much better when I do this and heal you, but could you stop doing that?"

"Doing what?  Ohhh this feels so much better."

"That!  Stop doing that.  It sounds weird and it is making me uncomfortable along with creeping me out."

"Uncomfortable?  What do you mean?" I asked confusedly.

"Just stop moaning or groaning or whatever..."
Is she dumbstruck by me?
And she is 1102 meris older than I too.
I just am astonishing to this woman.

"But it feels good and better than before, Izzi.  I never got to asked why are you in the middle of nowhere."

"Running away." She answers proudly.

"Is it your parents too?  I mean it crossed my mind before, but I would never do that.  I want to rule, wear the crown, and be the represented for Kimoshei.... Plus I could never leave my sister." I stretched my arms as she rubs my right shoulder.

"Yeah... They are forcing me to be desired to some stupid stuck up, no good, caring prince." I wanted to do that thing Isa does.
Laughing I think, but I could not.
The phrasing of her words was amusing.

"Is it me?" She gave me the look.  Come on everyone loves me.

"If it was you I would not be here..." Such a shame with her knowing how to please her myself it would be surely easy.

"Awww and you were so hot too." She smacked me on my face.  But her hand smacked me in the way where my lips touched her hand making me indirectly kiss her.

"I am 12002 meris and you are barely 11000!"

"Then why did you indirectly cause your hand to kiss me?"

"You flirty prince of the ocean!" I am not filthy I live in clean seas.

"Uh uh uh not with that language you will talk to me.  Right now you are going to make my shoulder and everything else fill better.  This year been a wreck and I will stop doing whatever it is if it will make you happy." She nodded her head.

I felt easiness with her.  No wonder when Isa said to feel at ease and loosen up it felt good.  She was right even if she so young.  And this merphan is something else.  I mean I feel a little with Isa, but Isa is more of the adorable cuteness that I want to kiss her.
Wait kiss her?
That is laughable.
Well an Izzi is more maturer that I would not mind playing with romantically.
Oceans, it would not matter merphans do not care about that.

"Do you want me to stop?"

"Oh no.  Do not stop...ever.  Ohhhh yes amazing!" So Izzi was running from being forced to become a desired one?  I heard once you do it you end up being attached emotionally and physically and learn to enjoy the other.

"I thought I said to stop moaning!"

"You did...but I could not help myself it felt amazing.  So you are to be desired?  Can I ask you something?  Is it true once you become it you end up being attached and learn to enjoy your captivated moonless desired?  Is that bad?  I mean I only know of the countries around me, but there are only princesses."

This generation has mainly feminine as the merphans next in lined.  That is why the feminines are always after me.  There are little masculine in line.  Unless, one wants to go for the sibling males.

"Which ones?" She raised her eyebrows quite curious.

"Levantia and Rivalkai.  I been to Rivalkai more, but I been to Levantia twice..I think?" I was younger, and it was before I met Isa.  The another time after I met Isa for the first time I went to Levantia.

"Oh?  Ohhh....  Really?  Are you going to be desired any of them?"

"If I say so no, that be weird.  Isa is like my friend I could never."

"Isa?"

"Atlantic's princess.  You should know Rivalkai."

"As for Antarctic?" Antarctic, why is she curious about that country's kingdom so much?

"I thought she was about to be desired and....." Suddenly something clicked inside my head.  I recalled the Clamster News of the missing princess just before she was to be desired at a ceremony.  I grinned. "Oh my oceans!  You!  You lying schemestress!  You are her.  I am going to still call you Izzi unless I am force to see you under any other circumstances.  No wonder you relate to me so much, oceans...." I shook my head,  "I should of known."

"Ye....ah...  Surprise?" She threw her hands up in the air.  "It is the arrogant arctic prince.  It not until I turn sixteen, but still I am going to have to meet him and.....You know what.  I know I mess around with everyone else making everyone infuriated with me!  I will do what humanics do."  I stared at her.
Humanics do stupid things I thought.

"I thought it best not to interact or copy things they do." I protested.

"Only romantic encounters with fellow merphans that they will definitely disapprove of.  I will wait until I am around thirteen and who knows if you are still single by the time in a few years than maybe I could do it with you." I turned pale coral, but I was not sure why.  I was not sure what romantic encounters were.

"I am still confused?"

"Ahh you must be too young."  Too young?  I narrowed my eyes.

"I am not too young!  I am above 3000 meris than what merphans my meris usually know."

"I know...Listen maybe you should get back besides you do not want your parents to be upset." I nodded agreeing.

I really wanted to fight someone and get away with it.  There was some adrenaline rushing inside me that needed to come out.  I needed to feel.  I needed to feel more than my own pain.  I needed to fight back, maybe the council could... No princes never can.  I swam up to my country's mansion and I sighed.  Please do not notice me exiting or entering all the time.  I entered quietly and saw no one.

Oh phew!
I swam straight to the study hall and opened a text of other countries.

"Mivozene..." Father?  I turned my head and their was His Majesty.

"Yes?....  Your..... Majesty....?" I said slowly.

"I am glad you been studying.  The last few days I want to apologize.  You could not of known.  Anyway I came to tell you that we are going to Rivalkai soon." I nodded my head.

"Of course."

"Do you know why?"

"Relations.  Good for country affairs and allies." I spoke neutrally.  He smiled coldly, that was good.... I think?  I had to put on a mask around most merphans it make myself look better.  I had to become cold and stern and filled with a cold, gloomy, but demeanor atmosphere.  I had to scare them all off and it was for success and it worked.

~~~

I was dying.  I was watching His Majesty just talk to the queen and king of Rivalkai like old pals.  Okay I think he used to be a personal servant of the queen, but that does not mean anything.  Well... when Mother was visiting she and the queen of Rivalkai became close. She met my father and then they were desired.  But they could not be that close.  Oh this is torture.  I was studying...Then I got to the end of the book.  This is it, time to ask to go to the library to study more.

"Your Majesties...." I lowered my neck.  "I think..I mean I am going to the library to study other texts."  Father nodded an approval at me fixing my mistake in words.

You should never think something.  You should always know.  If you do not know, do not think.

"Oh, you know you do not have to call us Your Majesties." The Rivalkai queen smiled.

I was not sure what to say so I turned to my father whose eyes turned to steel.  "No, please disregard that.  They are being careless." They looked a bit shocked, but I left before anything could happened.

I opened a scroll that spoke of the current countries and crowned ones.  I was kinda curious what prince Izzi is suppose to be desired to.  Plus I want to know who my options are and knowing my parents they would do a crowned one or a sibling of a crowned.
"...Kingdoms of the Sea... Countries... Rivalkai.... Kimoshei... Mulikawa... Levantia... Fentalia.  Next crowned ones... Kaisa 10000... Mivozene....11000 Idhira....5000 Izidra...12000 Lucero....11000" 
Wait so that means the only other male crowned is Lucero unless they have siblings. I wonder if he the prince?
Must be. 

"Why look at you so flaming and striking.  I am sure Kaisa, Her Highness would be incredibly jealous I am here with you...Doing things with you instead of her.  I mean look at you smokin' hot piece of meat." I saw Miza starring at me.

I swear this guy is so flamboyant.

"W-what... Umm I ..." Jeez get ahold of yourself.  "Look I am busy and have no time for your insaneness." I hated him.  I am so glad I do not live in this kingdom.

No, if I did I would of fired him the first day I could.
He just so annoying.

"Now that wasn't so nice of you!" I stared at him blankly.
He used a contraction.
Merphans do not use contractions usually unless they are trying to blend in with humanics or been around humanics way too long.

"Did you just use a con-"

"Ahhh!  Why you are looking up who all the next crowned!  Are you trying to see who you want to desire too?" He ignored my question.  I have a feeling it is on purpose..

"What the oceans....  T-that is personal things!  And you... You have no right to ask me that!" I widened my eyes quite flustered.
I was just trying to find out who it might be.

"Should I get Her Highness so you could cool your smokin' hot piece of meat type of body off?" He grinned laying down with his tail up on some stool.

"What is wrong with you?" I wanted to scream and yell at him for saying all that.  It was actually illegal to.  I am definitely not bringing my Mina here anytime soon.

"Miza?!" An feminine voice called out.  "Who are you arguing with now?  If it is the cook for how much sea salt should go in the seaweed-casserole, I am going to be done with you."
Oh please get rid of him.

"Oh it is not, I am just playing footsies with-" Smack.  From you guessed it, me.  "Oww what is wrong with you, you-" Smack.  Ahh that felt good.

"Miza what did you.....do?" Isa noticed me wrestling Miza on the ground.  "Oh!" She dropped the frozen water bubble she was carrying, making a loud sinking splash.

Miza leaned into my ear, "I am right she does think you are a fine piece of meat I wonder are you going to de-"
Smack.
He needs to shut up.

"Whoa...Zen.  Hi." She smiled putting her hands behind her back as a bit of redness came to her cheeks.

She got prettier.  Her long icy hair was kept to the side and she wore a sea flower corset.  I have not seen her in a year.

"Hey, sorry for the noise he was being annoying and I could not deal with him.  How do you handle him?" I muttered awkwardly.
Please thick-air atmosphere be gone!

"I ask myself that ever single day."  She laughed.  Her laugh was like snowflakes or even bubbles.  Oh oceans I missed her.  And I just love her laugh.
Just then I heard Miza whistle and that is when he got smacked again.

"You look nice...  What with the get up?  N-not that it bad or anything." I casually say using Miza as a fin stool who were muttering more blunt and inappropriate comments.

"Oh..."She looked down with her cheeks turning coral just as mine did earlier.  "Guess what I have gilled!  See my newest pairs!" She pointed to the two extra on her lower neck.  "I am 10-042.  This is great!  That might be why I look nice.....  I mean you look wow and yeah.." She was always so cute, but now she not just cute anymore.  It was way more than that.  Like maturer way and I think I liked that.  I mean I do like that.  A lot.

"Well congrats Isa.  Feels better and easier swimming right?"

"Yep!" She jumped and swam in a circle to show me and I just chuckled.

"Wow you two cuties are making me sick with your flirty and not doing a thing about it." I stared at him insanely.

"Miza!  Jeez stop saying things like that to every masculine I talk to.  We are just friends!" Her cheeks turn an embarrassed red.  She talks to other masculines?
Seriously!  I thought I was her only.
I wanted to anyway, but now that I....

"Exactly." I muttered on the bit bitter side.

"You don't sound too happy abou-"

"Shut up already unless you are going to tell me why you use contractions?" That made him think for a moment.  I thought his eyes went wide for a second.  I enjoyed the silence that came with my question.

But the silence did not last, "Well why do you not?" Miza questioned.

"Answering with a question..  Well first of all humanics use contractions.  We cannot trust them given our past." I shrugged like it was the most obvious thing.
I guess not to him.

"But that is in the past!  This is the future, the now, the present.  You cannot be so sure if they are bad.  I am sure if you give them a chance it be fine." I raised my eyebrows.
Yeah something must of screwed up his head when he was blessed.
How did his parents deal with him?

"Pfff as if!  Like you are the expert here.  I will...."

"Really?" He got so excited.

"Over my dead tail!" His ears cowered down as he frowned.

"So maybe we can leave the trash here and get away from here?" Isa quietly whispers.
Unfortunately I could not.
I shook my head, much to her dismay.

"I have to stay here and study.  That what I said I would be doing and a crowned one must always keep their word."

"Your parents are here then...." She let out a long sigh.  "Oh  shame.  We could have some fun." I narrowed my eyes.  Last time I took her idea of fun it did not go well.

"Oh come on princess, how about you take the trash out and we can do something here.  But only if you want?" Her eyes gleamed at once and she nodded ferociously.  She really wanted to do something with me?

"MIZA!  Miza!  Mizaaaaa!  You need to go."  He was not budging and she was practically dragging him off the seafloor with all her strength.

"I know I have such a fine tail and all, but you do not need to be jealous that I am going to steal your boyfri-" Slap.  "Oww.  Hey that was not nice!  Why you slap me?  Ohhh you were jealous!  So jealous!  I am going to tell Their Majesties!" I inhaled deeply.

"He is not my boyfriend!  We are friends..." Yeah friends..  I know I will ask who the other masculine she friends with.

"Pfff friends?  I almost feel bad for the poor lad with you friendzoning him all the time."
He is not...
Wait what?

"Miza!  What do you not get about us?" She reached her arms up in emotion.  "And I swear if you tell their Majesties I will personally hire Zen here to take you out of this kingdom."  I looked at her.
What?

"Now Kaisa, dear, you know that is kidnapping.  But if it is by Zen then maybe he can turn me into his very own-" Smack.  I was tired of him.

"You are seriously getting on my nerves.  Please just leave." I reopened the scroll to find my place.  I was going to have to learn to tune him out if I ever want to survive.

"But Kaisa if what you say is true... look at you perked up and dazzling as an ice flower!  You...." His voice trailed off and I could not hear anymore.

I read more of the scroll 
"Allies... Kimoshei...Atlantic...and Fe-"

"Zen!  I am back!" She was smiling.  She has a pretty smile I thought.

Oh no...I am doing it again.

"Yeah?"

"Sorry about Miza he really blunt and always says what on his mind  and about that I mean I....uh...You and me?  Desired?" She laughs awkwardly.

"Do not worry about it.  I would never have you as my desired." I say casually, but it was not until after I said it that I realized how bad it sounded.

"W-what?"

"I mean... If it was up to me.  If my options were between ones I could not stand.  I would choose you, but if I liked them okay I probably do them.  It does not really matter...Sorry it bit inappropriate to talk with another undesired." She looked at me as her eyes softened.
I do not believe romantic relationships exist naturally.  Humanics have emotions and feelings of course they could easier, but with mermaids who cares.  Love does not exist.  Unless proven otherwise, to me it does not and thus I do not care who my desired one is as long as I can stand them.

"Oh!  Y-yeah...  Of course.  I should not of said a thing." She smiled shyly.

"Sorry I have not been coming.  You know you said a long time ago you were happy that we were friends.  Now I kinda feel a little bad.  You do not hang out with anyone else do you?"

"Well not exactly.  I mean when other crown bearings or to be crowned come they do not act like you.  But you I like spending time with.  You are amazing and funny and I care about you...  You care about me right?  So I guess you are my only and best friend." She hugs me from behind as I scan the scroll with my eyes, but I was not reading at all.  I was too distracted listening to her.

"I am glad it is just me." I reached my right arm and let my hand ruffled her hair.

"Hey!" She slapped my arm which caused a jolt of pain to spread through it.

"Erghmmmn...." I groaned.  It always will hurt, huh?

"Woah...Are you okay?  I did not hurt you did I?  Oh no!  I am terribly sorry and if my parents find out they will shake their heads and then I will not able to see you again!  Oh noooo I cannot lose you, my one true friend!  I am such a terrible merphan!  I did not mean to slap you.  Okay I did but I am sorry.  I do not care about my hair, I rather spend time with you.  My hair is fine.  I like you are friends with me better than my hair.  And then if your father sees he probably never let you come again and then I be lonely except for Miza pestering about how I am mourning because I can nev-"  Woaaah.  I blinked.
When she is upset or ranting, she talks.
A lot.

"I..I-isa...  You did not do that..." I laughed.  "So hush your sweet little mouth and stop ranting.  We are friends and nobody will break us.  I mean us being friends is good for country relations, so they are all for it."

"Your father..."

"What about him?"

"He was a servant.  I saw an old painting.  He was a servant of Rivalkai."  I nodded.  It is so weird with how strict he was.

"Yeah, strange is it?"

"Yeah..." Just then she frowned.  Like a major frowned and starred at my shoulder and arm.  She not thinking about what she thought she did is she?  Oh come on!  "What happened to your arm then?  Something must of happen you do not just be like that for no reason."

"I am fine!" I gritted through my teeth.
I was lying, but I was good at it so maybe she would not be able to tell.

"Maybe I should tell your father..." Oh no.
No! No....no.... no.

"No!  Anything but that!" I yelled.  And then I realized what I said.

"Zen?"

"Y-yeah?" If she sees through me I am done for.  Then other merphans might find out and boom I am dead.  Seriously my repetition and being perfect crowned of Kimoshei goes down the drain.

"Are you okay.  I am worried."

"Yeah...Look I have to go." I muttered as my shoulder starts to reek of pain.

"Oh!  Come back soon?" I nodded, of course.  I could never leave her alone.  I am her friend, her only.  And that what I liked about it even if I was a prince of coldness.

_____________

Finished Writing: December 30
Edited: July 15

AN// I remember writing this chapter and it was so fun.  Especially Miza, he say anything on his mind and won't be afraid to do it.  He has not filter, but half the time he only thinks of weird/ crazy/ funny things.  But in all reality, he is a sweetheart and this book has more of my favorite characters in it.  Miza, Kaisa, and Mivozene.

     I finally decided on an ending thing.... And it is this:

 And it is this: