The Beginning of Princess days

The Atlantic Legend - Part 1: Childhood Days

Chapter 1:
The Beginning of Princess Days

A long time ago...Approximately meris ago in a different underworld of the Atlantic Countries and kingdom of Revalkai, Her and His Majesty, Queen Kaikuriza and King Koitan were gifted a child after swearing their lives for another.  They say they had the most wonderful love story growing up meeting just as a knight and a friend.  Their love was so great it could not keep them apart, thus they swore to be together becoming Queen and King.  Finally several months later because of their swore they were gifted with a daughter of icy aqua hair and winter teal eyes.  At once she was named by the Council.....Kaisa meaning pure ocean or at least that is what I'm told.

Mother said when I am older I would do the same thing as them.  I would rule this country after them.  I was the princess and everyone called me Your Highness.  And only two called me my real name.  But none of that matter now.  Right now I was given education to help me become smarter.  I would take for the first few meris and then I would not anymore.  I was learning of the sea and its history.  It was very important.  These things are for when I rule.  Everyone else there it helped them choose their life goal.  The strangest thing was that everyone kept starring at me as if I was the best thing ever.  I am just my mother's daughter.  I guess everyone loves the ones who wear the crown.

"Your highness...Please would you pay attention.  You would need to know this for when you are going to rule this country."  She was always polite to me ever since I took this class, but I heard she was just like that to me.  If I was not my mother's daughter, I heard she would not be like this.
I was messing with my hands as mist came from them.
But this is just so boring.

"Is it time for magic class yet?" I loved that class.  I get to make icicles out of ice and freeze people.  I can go to my strongest intent.
It is crazy and then afterwords when it is evening I get to sing and dance for the evening of the passing day.  We would sing in the evening and everyone would be so happy.  And I love it all.  I could have anything in the world.  The queen and king care for me.  I have servants, including the best ones in the world, and everyone looks up to me.
But something was off...
I did not understand why.
Loneliness?  Boredom?  Coldness...
Well who could blame me with my iciness.  I am longing for something else.  Maybe I should consider myself consider myself lucky.  I should be happy, but I am not.  I am one many wish to be.  One that many wish to have, my crown.  But I do not care regardless.  Even with all of this I do like how everything is.  There is just something that is missing......
I was lonely.
Mother and Father did not always have time for me and I often got sad.

~~~

It was a crystal blue morning.  And I could not be complaining.  I had just awaken and I was suppose to be meeting with my mother and father about something related to my crown.  I was about to head to my parents chambers when I heard the whistle of the shell.  Someone was here.  Usually the servants already saw them and told them they may pass, so they were here.  And being the princess who was extremely curious who it was went to the entrance of the shells.  I sung a low lullaby allowing them to enter.
When they were shown I was greatly surprised.
In front of me was a man similar meris to my father, but instead he had a stern faced and cold eyes.  He had navy hair and streaks of red.  There beside him was a woman with light magenta marine hair and a pleasant smile.  She looked better than him, but they both struck me as people who were odd.
Who were they?

"Hello?  Do you realize this is the Revalkai Atlanitc's Mansion of the crowned?  What are you here for?"  I frowned oh slightly.

"Is Queen Kakuriza and King Koitayan of the Atlantic here?  Child, would you send for them or tell the messenger if you are not them." I was confused.  He thinks I am a messenger or servant.  I never been dismissed of it in my life, but it did not anger me at all.
In fact I kinda liked it.
Not royalty, I kinda wished I would be treated like the average merphan.

"Ah, you are here already?!" I heard my mother's voice.  I turned around and she came into view.  She had posh but easy going personality.  "I see you already met Rivalkai's new queen."

"Oh..." The lady trailed off.  "Yes, at first I thought so, but I believe my desired did not realize this.  Of course I can always recognize anyone related to my best friend.  Now let's talk country affairs."

"Oh Queen Lynira it is a pleasure.  You should visit us more.  You are your family is always welcomed here.  No council request required.  I mean for all those years you never visited us, but now....Why?" I gasped, Queen Lynira?
Mother's best friend when she was younger?
According to the stories she was the crowned princess of Kimoshei until Mother's butler, Rayquin ran into Lynira when my mother and she met for country affairs.  Lyrnira and Rayquin got close...And now here we are.

"It is not exactly that....For the future of my country.  Prince Mivozene." The darkest blue hair mermaid I ever seen was behind them.  He had black, silver eyes that were cold as his father's.  When he was introduced he closed his eyes tightly and nodded while putting his hands firmly together.  He must of been one...two...three...or four meris older than me.
I saw him and waved, but he did nothing.
Hmmmf, how rude.

"First we can discuss just certain things going on that many younger ones should not hear." The man who was king of the Pacific Kimoshei explained to them.  So what about my age this is my kingdom and I was always included in everything and in fact I have higher authority here than any foreign kingdom's guest.
How humiliating!
They did not even recognize me as the next crowned one.

I pursed my lips and frowned.  I was just about to complain when the male turned to me and made such a sad and sorrowful face.  I could not believe who could make him be like that.  He shook his head as if he knew what I was thinking.
Was that his response to me?

"Mivozene?" A voice called for him.  Mey...vah...zan?  Mo...ve..zen?
What did that voice say?

"Yes, father, Your Majesty!" He stood up straight, closing his eyes and swiftly came to them.  He lowered his head as if to bow to even his father.

"Kaisa.." Mother came to me.  I looked at her turning my head sideways hoping she would explain to me.  The thing is with me I would move my head or eyes to show what I wanted.  I would use body language more than my voice and people thought it was more proper and liked it.  I did not mind either.

"I will explain to what you missed later, besides you will definitely be present for the later part."  Mother told me calmly.  I was excited.  "For now you can show the pacific prince the library with the information of our various oceans."  I nodded my head.

I stood by the end waiting for me to come, but he seemed confused.
Why was he not coming?
Did he not want me standing here with one arm crossed and one hand out meant?
It meant that I was waiting.  Was he not taught that?  Finally after what seemed like meris, he came to me silently.

I nodded my head and took off, he said nothing and closed his eyes.  I swam through the mansion until we went at a room divided by seaweed.  I whistled a certain tune and it opened.  He followed and I smiled putting my arms out.  He probably could not understand a thing, so I held my arms together and said a few words.  "Welcome, prince de Pacific Kimoshei."  I grinned, waving at him.  He did nothing and seemed to not know how to act.  "But even though that is who you are I am not obliged to do whatever you want unlike your parents who seem to think they are higher than I!" Something suddenly overcame me to exclaim all of that to him.

"!" He went back a bit.  He must of been surprised with my outburst.  I was only telling the truth.  He said nothing and shook his head.  Fear was in his eyes, but it was not fear of me.  It was cold as if he been through a lot.

"I am Princess Kaisa next to be crowned.  Why are you not saying anything?"

"You...are...wrong." He muttered gingerly, "My mother, Her Majesty.....and my father, His Majesty.....They are the best people to ever rule my country.  And when it is time....I will rule.....Just like them and also be the best..." He spoke so slowly as if he was waiting for someone to hear him.
Why was he afraid?

"No one else is here.  No one can hear us or this conversation.  Why are you afraid?" I wondered as I stared at the mermaid.

"I am not." He spoke in the same tone and way.

"You seem tense.  Why are you worried?" I tilted my head.

"I am fine!  Be quiet." He suddenly snapped, "I am here to learn about other kingdoms including our closest and friend of Kimoshei, the Revalkai country.  Being in this library also helps me learn about the oceans, but arguing with you does not.  Now leave me alone.  Jeez and you are going to be who I have to deal with when I am crowned?" It just made me upset on what he said.  He suddenly yelled at me just for worrying about him.
I was trying to be nice,  I did not even know him.

"Shut up.  You do not know anything.  If you really hate me than find things by yourself.  Jeez." I lowered my head and shut my eyes refusing to look at him.

"You the one who just yelled at me for no reason, yet you are mad at me?  I done nothing." Even though my eyes were shut for some reason I opened one to see him pick up scrolls to read of the oceans.  His navy hair was short to the bottom of his shoulders.  "My parents, their Majesties I am very highly of them.....And I felt I should say that...Defending them...That is is right." I crossed my arms turning my head away as if to say I do not want to speak to you.

"You need to relax no one is going to do anything to you." I quietly said.  He looked up from the scrolls.

"I could not possibly.  This is no time for messing around.  I am here for business to help me learn so when I have the crown I will do the best." He raised his eyebrows that I could even suggest something as insane as that.  But it was not at all.

"They do not have to know." I smiled smugly with a grin at the corner of my mouth.

"But I could never!" He yelled back.  He seemed to get upset with everything I said.
The best things about this is when you know you are hiding from other, so why does he not?

"Even if you could no one will know.  When meetings go on no one hears about a thing."  He looked surprised with my suggestion and just shook his head.

"What is your meris?"

"7078 meris."

"Ah, similar meris to someone I know.  8289 is I if you are wondering.  You are intelligent I suppose for your meris."  I smiled lightly I wonder who it is.  He seemed to be going through something, but I did not press on the subject.  It seemed to caused him to be on edge making him all angry with whatever I say.

"Prince Mehohnvzyeun?" He looked at me strangely.

"What did you just call me?" I raised his eyebrows and looked at me with what seemed to be disgust

"The name you were given at birth?" I blinked.

"Myh-voh-zeayhn is my name.  I have no idea what you are saying." I turned away refusing to look at him all I caught was something about zen.

"My..o..Zen?" I tried to say his name, but again I failed miserible.

"You know what at least try to pronounce my name correctly!" He shouted angrily.

"Leave me alone if you are going to be like that!  Go back to your parents.  You seem to make sure you do whatever they say without a second thought on what is wrong or right.  You probably just some spoiled little prince who is just focused on your studies and your parents' approvals.  Wake up merphan!  Actually think for yourself and stop and actually live without your head stuffed in studies." I yelled and spoke to him without even thinking.  I blinked right afterwards.
How could I say something like that?

"Well now I know I will not go out of my way to talk to you here.  Leave me alone and do not bother talking to me unless you have to."  Soon a servant came to get us.  We became part of this meeting, and I could not help but think I was lucky to miss this meeting early.  I might of been mad, but I did not understand a thing.
What were humanics?  What were researchers?
Oh well.

Although, when the meeting was over he sadly had to leave.  And for some reason, I was sad about this.
Was it me?
Or was it the fact, he was the first merphan with the closest meris to me?

________________

~Originally wrote: December 30, 2020

Edit: June 10

I am so excited, it finally time for the official first chapter to be out.  I wrote this around the time I did the prologue and blurb.  Some of my favorite characters, I created are in this one more than the others, so enjoy what is to come.  Also this story is split into parts, the first part is childhood days which is basically the time until she is 15-000 meris (15 human).

I do not have the schedule ready for this book yet, but I need to finish the final parts of part 1 still.