Princess of funniness

I had a nice time with that prince's visit. I am glad he is someone I can talk to and he not that bad  past his cold demeanor with how he praised his parents for everything..even in their flaws. Then later that evening as he was leaving I saw him pause to watch when I sang and dance for the crowd.

I am still quite excited that he watched.
I wonder did he like it?
Did I sound alright, I hope I looked fine.
I did all the moves correctly, right?
I still think about that even now. I hope he comes back soon. Miza was teaching me. My old teacher was quite boring, but he made it interesting to say the least. I mean I was halfway listening, but I cannot focus with what happened yesterday.

"...Then prince Mivozene said he was going to stop the huma-" I blinked.

"What?" I jumped up. What this about the pacific prince?

"I can just imagine the future...." Miza sighed dramatically, "You and prince friends and soon to be.  Ahh!" He exclaimed, "I see it.  How incredible, so spectacular!  So amazing!  So enlightening!" He moved his arms and admired the so-called possible future.

"I thought you were suppose to teach me." I leaned my head back, into my arms.

"Why teach when you were obviously daydreaming about neighboring country ocean's kingdom's Pacific Kimoshei prince." My ears perked up.  "But the future ahh..." He sighed dramatically again.

"I. Was. Not." I glared at Miza.

"It is okay princess."
You are not stupid after all, princess. Zen's words echo in my head.
"That is bound to happen since he the only one you met around your age." He is lying.
Why would I?
Why, is it illegal for us to be friends?

"No. Just do not worry about it. I will take care of everything just....stay here.  Oh and if anything does happen let me have the dirty little secret details." I looked at him questioningly.  I honestly did not understand.
Dirty secret details?
Huh?

...

It was a few weeks later... When I overheard, well a little fishie told me some foreign prince was going to be coming around. I could not wait. Finally I could see my friend again.
He came into the kingdom liked he owned the place. His cold eyes made me feel like ice was dripping down my back and his dark, demeanor atmosphere surrounded him. This time he was alone, but he came to my parents.
Being replaced by my parents, again.

"Oh so you are alone this time? You know, I never gotten the chance to tell you this, but whenever you are around feel free to stop by." My parents smiled at my friend.

"Yeah, they trust me. They had to after what the council members said? Do you remember how they said that they look forward to when I wear the crown? That is the best thin they could ever say!" He exclaimed looking quite excited. Then he suddenly made some coughing noise and his excitement died down.

"Regardless, I am sure your parents would be happy whatever they say about you."

"Are we sure we are talking about the same merphans?" He looked in the distant. "They would never be satisfied until the mermaid council say something like it." He muttered bitterly.
My parents looked surprised.

"Are you okay? You know as I said you are always welcomed here..." Father trailed off, "You and your sister."

"Heh maybe someday I should bring my sister. She would love it. And how everyone acts, little Mina would fit right in....But then again if she came, I would not be able to tell her stories of it." I saw that when he spoke of her his eyes lit up and his cold demeanor was not even noticeable. He must of cared for his sister a lot.

Most of the day, I was spying on him. He was doing his own thing. I wanted to go up to him, but I was just nervous. Relax I am sure that he will-

"Isa... Your eyes are piercing through my soul. Why are you spying on me? If you want to say something just say it already." I looked down and freaked by the sudden appearance.  I jumped a few tails back in surprise.

"I am glad you came. I just wish you did not avoid me."

"Isa, if I did not know any better I would say you are getting too attached to me." His upper lip curled, raising his eyebrow.

"What? That is ridiculous. Do not make up ideas in your head. Besides... You are the only merphan I like to talk to. Most are usually aged way older than me." I whispered folding my hands behind my back as I was looking down.

"I..I do not mind, besides apparently father thinks it is good to spend time with you." He closed his eyes.  "What reason? I do not know, regardless I do that. Although, I am a bit surprised with that request." I stared at him and just hugged him.

"Come on I want to show you something! Besides your parents are not here and you seem quite happier without them watching you." It was true. He felt a little more at ease.

"What? B-but I have to study and-" I put my hand up shutting him up.

"You will be spending time with me. All you ever do is study and for once you are going to have some fun." He was ridiculous, never doing anything besides studying. I want to show him how to truly live free without anyone noticing. Maybe then he can truly be happy and smile and hug and play and have fun.

"Fun?" He was mostly expressionless and it was hard to read him, but I could tell he was confused.

"Come on, Pacific prince and I will show you."

"You mean, no Zen anymore? And I was just getting used how lovely it sounded from your tongue." I blinked.
Some of the things he says makes me think in wonder.

"Just come on!"

"Alright, alright.." He held up his hands surrendering.
We were going to have fun and lots of it.
And I would show him how to.

"See them?" I grinned knowing exactly what I was going to do.

"There are studying what that professor gives them? How is that fun?" He is so boring.  Why does he not find fun in the smallest situations...
Like me, for example.

"Oh why can you not see the fun things in this situation? We are going to cause trouble!" I smiled putting my arms up in the air.

"Would we get in trouble..I do not know about this. W-what if my fathe-" I put my palm up stopping him.

"Relax! I am going to call the fish.."

"The fish?" His eyes went wide.

"Alright!" I whistled. The big fish among the whales and dolphins appeared. I shot ice from my hands hitting the boulders near the students studying. Just then the crashing boulders scared the big fish. "Grab on!" I yelled jumping on its fin. He was not budging so I grabbed his arm.

"What?! Woaaah. We are going to die, I swear this thing is crazy and way....." Just then the fish banged into a wall. "Too fast...Oww my head. Isa I am gonna die..." He exclaimed, "Please let me off this thing." He yelled and his eyes were wide.
I have to say, it looks like dear prince is in fear.

"Oh stop... COMPLAINING! THIS! This...is fun!" I yelled as we crashed into the building with the merphans fleeing around.

"Please let me live...." Zen clasped his arms around the fin with fear in his face.
Why was he fearful?
This was amazing!

I shoot more ice out of my palms crushing places in the room. "Yeah! Woohoo!" I shouted.

"Oh no...I am going to be sick." I heard him mutter besides me.

"STOP EXAGGERATING! Feel the current, feel the sea and its breeze. Let yourself be loose and play and have fun. Come on and..." Just then the fish started swimming way too fast. "Ahhhhh! Too fast! OH no! No.. No! Too...Ugh. Fast! No! Gyah! Erghmfth... WOahhhhh!" And then I fell hitting my head. I rubbed my head and saw the professor swimming towards me with a big frown on her face. Oops?
...Well she was also my teacher.

"Princess...Kaisa of Rivalkai...What is the meaning behind this?" Oh she was mad. Like mad mad.  Extra mad. The kind of mad where she could kill you with starring at you, but the thing is she be killed for even thinking about killing me.
Ha.

"Oh I am deeply sorry.." Just then Zen jumped off, even banging his head, but came besides me. "Please forgive her this time.  It is my sincere apologizes, and I will ensure you.  This...it will not happen again." He lowered his head down.  The prince bowing to a teacher, just a teacher?  I never thought he be the type to do that.

"And who might you be?"

"Oh me? I am Kimoshei's Prince and next crowned visiting in behalf of my parents."

"Ah! I see. Well thank you for visiting and watching out for that...child's schemes."

"Oh!" He looked surprised rubbing his neck. "Yeah..yeah sure!" He then pulled my arm out of there and stared deep into my soul.
Now Zen mad is not like the teacher mad.
Icicles, he was not even mad.
He was furious at me.

"What where you thinking? You could of died! I could of died! And if I died then..." He scolded me his ace getting angrier by the second.

"Relax!" I waved it off with my arm, "It was so fun and exciting.... Wait do not tell me..." I trailed off. "You. Were. Scared." I shoved my fingered to his bare chest. "O' big and mighty prince of Kimoshei was scared and frightened of riding ontop of speedy fish!" I laughed.

"Be quiet!" He shook his head and scowled, "You do not know a thing. I was worried and my shoulder seriously hurts from banging into the walls. You know we still can be in serous trouble my-"

I interrupted him, "Your parents are not hear what the big deal? Ease up." He really needs to chill his fins.  "My head is fine..So stop complaining about your shoulder. It probably hurts because you have armor and a cape over it big-"

"You are so reckless..." The prince suddenly whispered in a more gentle tone, "That was crazy. You could of died...Does that not concern you?" My eyes soften.

"You care about me?" I thought he was just someone who studied and cared about his sister without doing anything fun.
But he cares about others and is not as selfish as I thought?

"Of course I care about you! You could of gotten seriously hurt... At least I am used to it, but you..." I lowered my head. I did not mind.

"What you get hurt a lot?" Does it have to do with why he wears arms and random clothes places on his body?
Mivozene froze.

"Nevermind where are you parents?"

"Why?"

"I am telling them what you did." Oh no...
I dreaded this.

"Oh come on learn to live.." He shook his head dragging me through the mansion.  All he needs is a little more fun and games and he would not mind.
I am sure of it and in the future I am going to teach him how to laugh, smile, hug, have emotions, and how to have fun without being awkward or frightened about it.  I mean come on he was scared, although he would not admit it.
But I am kinda excited that he was scared and I could handle it better.  Woo, I am better at handling things then prince Zenny over here.

"What are you thinking about?" He narrowed his eyes.

"Prince Zenny?" I tried.

His eyes flamed into rage, "Do. Not.  Ever.  Call.  Me.  That.  Again." I nodded.  I mean it did not really fit him.
Just something to annoy him with.

"Your Majesties..." He approached my parents. "I am very sorry to inform you, but she was seriously messing around causing utterly chaos and damage to one of the scholar rooms! Please forgive me and just not mention this to my parents. Please?"

"Wait what do you mean? It good to have a little fun.." Mother smiled.
Ah phew.
Why was I worried? Mother and Father are always like this.  I could get anything I want...
And spending time with others always filled that gap inside me that I knew has been messing ever since I was blessed upon existence.

"Besides that old hag always hating on everything, time for her to learn her lesson. Do not worry about anything," Father turned to Zen. "It will surely stay just between us..." Just then Zen started freaking out and muttering pains as he touch his shoulder.

"Forgive me...Erghk... Umfth..." Zen expression paled. "I have to go...." There was something he was hiding, a secret and I was going to make Zen open up and tell me.

"Mother," I asked as I watched Zen swim away with his tail trailing behind. "Do merphan princes fight or get injuries a lot?"

"What?" She looked surprised. "They usually are protected and learn their studies and magic, but not usually fight and... What happened?"

"He said he did not want me to get hurt and he was used to it." Mother and Father exchanges glances before turning to me.  Secret glances what do they know?
I wanna know!  I wanna know!
Tell, tell!

"Maybe he practices fighting for fun... Who knows.  Honestly, I think if he wants to tell you, he would. Just let him tell you and do not force him to....He is a sweet boy."  Sweet?  Well I have to admit he is kinda...
Not sweet.

"Ew." I commented,  "So not sweet."  And then I swam away to my room where Miza was there humming his own theme song.  Now I have to deal with him.
Oh no, what now?
________________________

     Okay so basically I try update sometime a week whenever I remember and not forget.  I end up forgetting a lot.  Sorry.  But I really liked rereading the chapter after I written it in December 29, 2021.  Also, I mentioned this book is split into parts.  The whole book is basically Kaisa's life until nothing important happens.. 
      The first part will go back in forth from POV between Kaisa and Zen.
The second part is mainly Kaisa's pov and the pov might switch between her and another that hasn't been introduced yet.
The third part... Well you will see when we get there.