Liveliness of Prince Zen

Chapter 2:

Liveliness of Prince Zen

As I left through the shells, I turned back to glare at the young princess.  She turned around refusing to look at me.

  I was told since I could ever remember I was prince Mivozene of the Pacific Kimoshei.  My parents, their Majesties would tell me to always be prepared for anything that happens and every day they had me learn everything I could.  The kingdoms and all their countries.  What caused everything to happen, what feminine or masculine defied any rule of the councils of elders, who tried to take over what, and much more that I could go on and on about.  Why we are separated and how long we been here all of that I know.  All of the princesses, queens, princes, and kings along with their names and where they are from I knew.  Every day I would research more and more almost never getting a break.
  After I was done learning and studying my dear mother and father would have me do my crowned duties.  I would preform how I should act, everything with ocean affairs, and how to react to humanic encounters and what to do to them.  Along with fighting and preforming magic to your best set of skill.  I knew things 3000 meris older would know.  And that is what they wanted, for me to be above my time.  And if I ever fell behind who knows what they do, but I wish to never tell a soul what they might do. It still fear me to this day.  After I was done with that I would do normal acquires most would do then lastly I would see the darling of a joy that always gives me joy.  My sister Little Mina.  
  My parents treated her more softly than I.  Always hugging and being patient with her.  Never forcing her to overwork.  Never glaring or doing the worse if she misspeaks or does something wrong.  Maybe she was that lovable.  She would dance and laugh so happily.  She would sing and play with dolphins all day.  Whenever I had time I would be with her.  I wanted to see how she does it and maybe I could do what she does to bring across joy to everyone.  In a way maybe I was envious, but I could not ever harm her.  I cared for her to do better than I much too greatly.

The travel to Rivalkai kingdom was to discuss something that was going on with humanics that was near both of us.  I was to be there because I was to be crowned next.  Going back, I was remembering everything clearly in my mind so if they ask me I would know.  As we arrived I closed my eyes and nodded.  I saw my dear sister poking her head in several patches of sea anemones.  She seemed to be saying something.  So quietly, I left my parents side and swam behind her.  I closed up behind her and reached out to hug her.

"Eeeeeeeh!" Mina, my sister shrilled.  Well that was what mother, father-I mean their Majesties and I called her.  Azurine called Miracine, Her Highness and that was about it.  Her pur-violet hair was waved in ringlets.  Mina hated being called purple haired, instead she insisted violet, but I liked to say otherwise just to mess with her.  To everyone's secret, she was double eyes.  One marine the other was magenta, instead of my black, silver eyes.  In her hair was a silver flower.  But my dark navy hair with some light streaks of red usually is always held up with a crown indicating who I am.  There were designs showing the country's symbol on my upper shoulder, while Mina's designs were on her forehead.

"Mivozene.." I heard my f- His Majesty's voice.  Could I not hug my sister that brought a smile to my face?  He seemed annoyed that I left to see my sister.  He glared at me and put his arm on my shoulder.

"Father?  Can Mivo spend the rest of the day with me?" Ah yes, she could also call them father or mother without getting scolded.  In fact she never called them their proper title.

"Unfortunately no...He...has to deal with something since he messed up on something."  I was shocked.
M-messed up?  On what?
I did everything correctly on what their Majesties asked.  Fear struck my eyes immediately, but instead of showing it I closed my eyes and nodded.  That seemed to be what I am only good at.  "Come on."

He led me to a different section of the mansion that was close to their rooms.
"Now.." He folded his hands.  "Do you know why you are here?"  Usually I did, but I could not possibly think of anything this time.

"No...Y-your Majesty."

"Uhh must I explain everything." He rubbed his head.  "You must always stay by our side unless we dismiss you too."

"But I was done with everything today.  I just thought I could see my sister...Mina."

"What an excuse!" He screamed, thrashing his hands on the clam in front of him making anyone who was passing surely fallen.

"It is the truth!"  I yelled back.

"Do not yell at me.  That is your second mistake...Anything else you want to add?"

"But...why is it I can not see her, yet she can see me freely?"

"You wish for her to face the same thing you do?"

"What!  No!" I said too quickly.

"You should know you are the crowned one of course it will be worse....Are you prepared?"

...
I always knew and was told, 'Show no fear or it will be longer and worse.'  When fighting a plan it utterly useless.  Imagine the worse you will get even worse.  Imagine less you will not expect what is coming.   I was laying in the room of mine.  I had dead sea creatures wrapped among me, but it felt no different.  I had to get through it now or tomorrow it will be the same.  I rest my head down as I closed my eyes.  I felt pain.

~~~
Around 6 months later the council of elders came.  I was prepared saying everything I knew of.

"Prince Mivozene crowned one of Kimoshei Pacific Country." I nodded my head.

"Yes, that is me.  What is going on?"

"Humanics, what do you know about them?" I remembered everything of the texts that explains humanics of ages ago.

"A long time ago, land dwellers lived in peace with sea livers.  We showed them spectacular magic and our ways, but they turned against us and became greedy.  They stole what was ours and only the five brought their magic together to stop them.  As we stopped them we wiped their memories of all existence of us, but still the greedy ones swore to get back at us...." I remembered everything perfectly.  When I told them this they seemed shocked that I knew that much.

"You sure know a lot.  I suggest you discuss what to do on the current issue with the Rivalkai country."

"Your suggestions will always be thought of." I nodded my head.  So they wanted me to discuss with the crowned ones of the Atlantic?  So be it, I just hope that princess would of learned.

"Mivozene, I suggest you get started.  I will accompany you."  His majesty told me.  I mean he was going to accompany me I just hoped my mistakes from the last few months do not wear me down.

"Of course, Your Majesty." I went through the seaweed forest and headed north until we arrived at the outskirts of the kingdom.  Just as before when I first saw it.  I had to admit it, the way it looked and set up amazed me.  But I ignored my admiration and kept swimming with all my might, even if my shoulder pained me a bit.

"Welcome to our luxurious household!" There in front of us was a pale finned merphan with night black hair who had kelp wrapped around it in a ponytail.  He blinked his sea green eyes when he greeted us in some sort of accent.  I noticed his hair was quite long with that being all the way down to his pure white fin.

"Messenger, tell your lords and ladies the merphans of Kimoshei pacific have arrived."

"Oh of course, I remember a meeting with Rayquin and young prince Mivozene of the pacific Kimoshei." The servant gleamed.  "They are waiting your presence....And I Miza will serve you until then." I smiled looking at this palace.  At least it had better service than last time.  They clearly knew who we are.

"Mivozene, It is wise to study while waiting for meetings to start." I saw the implication he was hinting at and nodded my head.  So study around here with the things this kingdom have that ours do not.  Well I know where to start.  If I recall there was a library with lovely information about various things here.

"Let me see..."I muttered as I peered through the selection trying to find what I was looking for.  "Ahh perfect!  Humanics.  Those creatures of land, interesting really, but I have to say-"

"W-what are you doing?" I looked over my shoulder and there she was eyeing me suspiciously.

"I hope you came and interrupted me to apologize...I still cannot believe what you said last time.  I would honestly prefer if you act much better given the circumstances of who I am and how I am a guest in your presence." She said nothing.  Figures, stupid child.

"You!  You are back?  Why?" The princess frowned and turned an angry red.  Well I feel so loved.  But what surprised me the most was how she actually said something.  "I am not apologizing because I still believe what I said.  Not everything your parents do is right.  Not all their decisions are the best.  If you get upset for just any criticism I do not think we can be friends."

"Friends?" I laughed.  "Princess, who said we are friends?"

"I...uh...." She trailed off looking for a response, but her words left me in thought.  'Not everything your parents do is right.'  I thought of the pain and the fierce lightening strikes I get every so often after every mistake. 'Not all their decisions are the best'  I thought of how they seem to separate me from my sister with the studies of mine.
"Well you are the only other person around my meris." Finally, she answered.  I looked at her closely.  Wow, maybe she has some truths to what she said, but.... No I should not dismiss her.

"Well if you insist, we can pretend that little discussion never happened.  Even though you are wrong, and I am right." She was cute and so innocent.  It was just adorable.

"Wait does this mean we are friends?" I slightly chuckled.

"I mean....." Suddenly she jumped towards and hugged me.  I tensed up.  Why was she doing that?  I did not understand.  I saw random stray mermaids do that before.  They were the ones with weird faces raising their eyebrows, laughing, and moving their lips in a way that was not frowning or scowling.  I thought it was best to look fierce and strong to scare off and intimidate merphans.  That is what they always said.  They were right, but here this girl and those others in this kingdom did not care about at all.  Should I back up?  My fa- His Majesty would not like that and then it would be another mistake and...

"Hey are you okay?" I was shaking terribly.  "Relax you are all tense." It got worst.  The existing pain of mine only increased.  I was breathing harder.  "You just need to relax and calm down.  You are worrying me."

"Emotions are bad." She did not look surprised.

"But they help contain sanity and help any problems.  Come on with me...  Zen smile.  Please."  She begged almost as if it would relieve her.  But would it help?  Probably not, emotions are just foolish.

I furrowed my eyebrows a little bit before deciding. "Okay..." I whispered softly.  Her eyes lit up at once as I tried relaxing and smiling.  I did not know what it was about her, but I just wanted to.   Maybe it was her that made me feel better, but I did not know why.

"Yay!" She exclaimed again.  "Wait a second what are you doing?  The books all around us, the readings, how you study....Why?"

"If you are asking why there are books in your kingdom, I do not know the answer to that." She smiled at that.  "My fa- His Majesty wants me to study and read the books so I could gain knowledge of things that are not listen in my own country."

"You study a lot huh?"

"Yes.  All the time.  And when I am not I am doing school, but I suppose that counts as studying too.... I guess I....I umm....What do I do?  I mean...."

"You mean there nothing else you do?" She suddenly looked worried.

"No!  I.." Then it came to me.  How could I forget.  "Mina.  She amazing.  She the best at anything.  Everything.  She the only mermaid that matters.  My sister.  Just her face and everything about her fills happiness through me."

"This Mina... Tell me about her."

"You know you kinda remind me of her.  Both her and you act free spirit except she knows her place and would do absolute anything for me..to be like me.  It is precious really." I smiled and it was genuine.

"I guess that is a good thing...  Zen"

"Zen?  If you get to call me Zen then I get to call you Isa.  Wait no... You can only call me Zen if I can call you Isa."

"Aye-sah?  But is that... Never mind I like it although I am curious what is with the condi-" Just then I felt someone's presence near.  I let my smile drop and looked who entered.  It was that Miza servant.

"Well look at you two cuddly and friendly as ever!" I narrowed my eyes at him.

"What?!" Princess Isa jumped.  Yep, it fit her.  Never liked full names.  "Miza we are just friends!"

"You friends with her?  Never thought she was your type." I saw him smirk.  I rolled my eyes.  How stupid is this servant?

"Silence!" My normal gaze was back.  'Imitating is the key.'  Those words of their echoed in my head.  "Why are you here?  Did my country...His Majesty sent for me?"

"Yes..." He said slowly.  "The meeting will start once you are present.  So is it true you know about humanics that you could help any of those humanic ships?"

"That is none of your concern what I know.  My voice is for the mermaid council." He nodded stiffly before leading me away.  I turned my head around just a bit and saw Isa softly waving. 

~~~

"So what are you saying we should do?" The man of the council turned to face me.

"Move the sea.  Waves happen naturally.  We can either put them off course or-"

"-Kill them." He finished for me.

"We do not know how humanics are.  They could be like before.  It is best we make sure they do reach us.  I heard of how they have taken some in distant kingdoms.  Apparently they captured, studied, and killed us after they done all they could."

"Thank you for meeting us here.  We will see what all we can do.  Next crowned, young prince Mivozene of Pacifican Kimoshei, you have been approved by the council.  We look forward to when you will be the crowned..." I gasped.  That is the best thing for them to say to you.  My mother and fath- Her Majesty and His Majesty will be so proud.  They might even let a few mistakes not get in the way.  How amazing. "Not that we wish death on their current Majesties of course." They quickly finished.

"Of course, of course." He smiled politely and lowered his head.  Even the mermaid council was higher, and they could easily take away their status.  Every crowned one is higher than the other and any sibling of the crowned is the next highest, then after that all the civilians are equal.  They think themselves as equal and speak to them with equal.  It does not matter what age you are.

"Ahh thank you, for joining us."

"No..." He slowly replied. "Thank you for having us.  But I am afraid we must head back, until the next time we meet, fellow merphan councilors." We both headed out the meeting room and into the halls with lines of shells and portraits of the previous crowned ones of this kingdom.
Admiring, the scenery as I went past, I tried to keep my excitement a minimum.  Out by the seaweed patch I caught a sliver of ice blue.  From there was the young Isa  sneaking a peak to just watch me.  She was there waiting for me?  I was kinda amused, she do that for me?  I turned my head slightly and raised my eyebrow to her.  The young princess began waving slowly.  I noticed she seemed to be silently hoping I would come again.  Surprisingly, that brought what she calls a smile to my face.  I turned my head around and gave her a fierce nod.  But I knew we would see each other sooner than she knew.

Up, down the water waves and through currents there we were finally back in Kimoshei.  As soon as I arrived, my sister came out of nowhere and hugged me.  I was tense for a moment, but I looked up and saw His Majesty nod his head approvingly.  I chuckled almost, she was everything.

"Hi Mina.." I whispered.

__________________
Wrote: Dec 30 2020

Edit: June 9 2021

To be honest, I did not really like this episode.  Maybe the content or how it is written.  The beginning that is just filled with information in the first few paragraphs, but there no way to get the information across.  That's why I been wanting to upload this for several weeks, but couldn't