Airports

;

Natsuya x Nao

🌊

PART III

● ● ●

A whiff of stale coffee and kerosene hit Nao's sense of smell the moment they arrived at the airport. People were hustling along with their luggages left to right, absorbed to the sounds of planes flying about and faint, fixated voice of a man echoing through the speakers. What bustling commotion, the white haired thought after taking one last sniff. "We're departing at noon," cue the oldest Kirishima, gently placing his hand around the small of Nao's back. In his free arm dangled two rather puffed travelling bags, and one large suitcase he's been whirling around for the brown-haired insisted he should also carry Nao's belongings. "France is so far away so we'll probably make it-" Natsu says, but Nao was quicker to end the sentence before he does. It's kind of their thing. "around night?" Nao smiled, and it's in these smallest things that tug at the heartstrings of Natsuya. He grinned back, utterly in surrender for such beauty. When time came to board their plane, Nao took Natsuya's hand, squeezed it with the promise to enjoy this special trip, thanked him for the fact that his resting place isn't getaway in itself, but anywhere with him. "Do you know what airports smell like?" Nao asked out of the blue. Natsuya met his yellow eyes in the small window, pondering then saying air conditioner. "Not that," Nao stared at the cluster of clouds, vividly recalling the scent he picked up earlier. "It smells what it smells like to restart."