Runner

Thud thud thud, his footsteps echo against the streets. Beads of sweat slide down the side of his temple as he makes another turn to a corner-towards the place he told you to meet up for your date. He shrieked, almost bumping a couple of people in his way. He could've been the gentleman he is and picked you up from your house but things happened; now he's extremely late and you even send him a text saying you were out so you'll just meet him right there. Thud thud thud, the blue haired ran faster. As the time goes by it seemed the more he runs, the farther the place gets. Rei took a deep breath, breathed again, and pushed his long lean legs to pick up his pace. He's near anyway. Plus he's sure by the way he calculated his speed, the distance, your distance and overall whatnots that he'll get there ahead of you by exactly 3 minutes. There, he spotted the bookstore. Rei sprinted the last steps and finally, as he skidded to a stop, he reached his destination. "Hi Rei-" you greeted him, arriving after 3 minutes as expected- "whoa, you're sweating. You okay?," you asked. "I'm okay," he smiled. You smiled back, took his hand, entering the bookstore at last. Rei gave himself a mental hi-5. Thank heavens he was a former track and field runner.