Chapter 37 | Tortugi

You sat down next to Ahsoka and started to rub her thigh.  "So, how is the Republic?"  Sharuno asked.  "Not bad, we have to go on lots of missions, but other than that it isn't as hectic as it was at the start.  Just a lot of training and meditation."  Ahsoka said, placing her hand on top of yours.  "Good, glad to hear that."  he said.

You all ate lunch together, talking about life in the Order and on Shili.  "Hey, (y/n), want to hear a funny story about Ahsoka?"  Akrono asked, smiling maliciously.  "No Mom, please nothing about the hill."  Ahsoka pleaded.  "So, when Ahsoka came back to Shili for her birthday, there was this hill."  Akrono explained.  "HEY GUYS!  WANNA HEAR ABOUT MY LIGHTSABERS!"  Ahsoka interrupted.  "So, she was walking down the hill and she tripped...on the air."  Mrs. Tano said to the horror of Ahsoka.  "She sprained her ankle so bad she couldn't walk for the rest of the day."  she finished.

Sharuno was in the background trying not to laugh..  "Mom, I hate that story."  Ahsoka whined.  "Its hilarious."  her mother objected. "Okay, it was a steep hill."  Ahsoka said, blushing red.  "It was not, when (y/n) comes to Shili we will show him the hill."  Akrono promised.  "Its fine, even the best Jedi trip on nothing every once in a while."  you said, getting a look from Ahsoka.

"You're not helping."  Ahsoka said bluntly, giving your arm a light punch.  "Love you."  you said, smiling at your girlfriend goofily.  "I love you too."  she said, rolling her eyes and resting her head on your arm and nuzzling it lightly.  "I guess you aren't mad at me anymore."  you joked, stroking her montrals gently.  "I cant stay mad at you (y/n),  I just love you too much."  Ahsoka sighed, giving your robes a kiss before sitting back up and holding your hand.

"Akrono and I always called her "Affectionate Ahsoka" when she was little.  Guess that was something she, thankfully never grew out of." Sharuno chuckled. "I like that nickname, what about you Ahsoka?"  you asked, rubbing her hand with your thumb.  "I like "Soka" more, but this one isn't bad."  she answered, shooting you a loving smile.  "I guess we will stick with "Soka" then."  you promised, kissing Soka's forehead.

You all ate and talked for a while.  Akrono and Sharuno were both incredibly nice, albeit a little mischievous, but they were overall a very nice pair, and were happy to see that Ahsoka had chosen a fine partner.  They were also glad to see their daughter again after so long.  They talked and discussed every detail in their lives and Ahsoka did the same.  Once they were finished with their lives, they had you tell them more about yourself.  You gave them information on you and Ahsoka being in the same youngling clan, your growing friendship, the beginning, middle, and end of your relationship, and what you wanted to do with their daughter should you be expelled from the Order.

"You are always free to stay at our place in Shili when things get rough."  Akrono informed, receiving thankful smiles from you and Ahsoka.  "You don't have to Mrs. Tano."  you said, letting Ahsoka snuggle your side.  "Its fine."  she said, waving her hand dismissively.  You could tell there would be no convincing her otherwise, and decided to drop it.

"(y/n), do you speak Tourtugi?"  Sharuno asked.  "No sir, I do not."  you answered.  Sharuno suddenly looked quite exited.  "Would you like to learn how to?"  he asked, seemingly excited to teach someone his beloved language.  "Yes."  you replied simply.  "When do you want to start?"  he asked, glancing at his wife who nodded approvingly.  "Now I guess."  you replied.  "Wonderful, Ahsoka would you like to help?" Sharuno looked at your girlfriend who smiled.

"I would love to!"  Ahsoka exclaimed, pulling you into a tight hug.  "Tortugi seems hard at first, but after you learn how to pronounce everything, it is almost like Basic."  Ahsoka informed, leading you to the living rom, where her parents followed.  You and Ahsoka sat on the floor as Sharuno started writing.  You waited for a moment, but realized he was writing letters.